Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Oke so you are clueless.

Let me ask you a question; How do you think negotiations go?

How do I think negotiations go? Well, I know next to nothing but I'd think both parties would set up some preliminary stuff over the phone (or Skype, or e-mail or fax whatever) such as baselines (if the offer is too low there is no need to meet), time and location and then they will sit down in person face to face to negotiate.

Your thoughts?

VN10

How do I think negotiations go? Well, I know next to nothing but I'd think both parties would set up some preliminary stuff over the phone (or Skype, or e-mail or fax whatever) such as baselines (if the offer is too low there is no need to meet), time and location and then they will sit down in person face to face to negotiate.

Most of the negotiating is done without seeing each other. Depends on the agent, but mostly they use e-mail and phone. Almost everything is discussed before meeting and both parties offer their whishes, obviously there's lawyers and accountants involved who are on the agents payroll. When they approach each others' whishes, they will meet in person and this is how a (very oversimplified) negotiation goes:

- Raiola; De Ligt wants to earn 200k a week, not the 190k you offered.
- Barca; Sure he can have 200k a week, but then his match bonus needs to drop from 8k to 5k.

It's very rare for agents to meet with a sporting director to negotiate while they haven't yet approached each other.
Although, it does happen sometimes obviously. But it's rare.

And why would they not negotiate without having to relocate/travel? That would be so retarded and time/cost inefficient.

This is just very basic knowledge by the way, after almost 16000 posts, 6 years of activity on this forum and many years of following Footbal, one should know these kind of things.
Dont want to be mean, but it's a waste of time to discuss this kind of basic shit.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most of the negotiating is done without seeing each other. Depends on the agent, but mostly they use e-mail and phone. Almost everything is discussed before meeting and both parties offer their whishes, obviously there's lawyers and accountants involved who are on the agents payroll. When they approach each others' whishes, they will meet in person and this is how a (very oversimplified) negotiation goes:

- Raiola; De Ligt wants to earn 200k a week, not the 190k you offered.
- Barca; Sure he can have 200k a week, but then his match bonus needs to drop from 8k to 5k.

It's very rare for agents to meet with a sporting director to negotiate while they haven't yet approached each other.
Although, it does happen sometimes obviously. But it's rare.

And why would they not negotiate without having to relocate/travel? That would be so retarded and time/cost inefficient.

This is just very basic knowledge by the way, after almost 16000 posts, 6 years of activity on this forum and many years of following Footbal, one should know these kind of things.
Dont want to be mean, but it's a waste of time to discuss this kind of basic shit.

Get off your high horse. Nobody knows everything, certainly not all the ins and outs of how negotiations are conducted.

I await the good news to confirm your foresight and know-it-all-ness.

VN10

Get off your high horse. Nobody knows everything, certainly not all the ins and outs of how negotiations are conducted.

I await the good news to confirm your foresight and know-it-all-ness.

If you wouldn't be so convinced of yourself and your comments, you wouldn't get this treatment.

Newcomer

Says what ?

Another nothing article.

They say that Barcelona board expected PSG to be an obstacle in their players pursuit. PSG failed with de Jong and Griezmann but it seems like they could be successful with de Ligt. And, that sooner or later, it would have happened because Barça can't always compete with a team without financial limits.

Funny when yesterday, you had catalan press telling you PSG were selling to raise the funds for de Ligt. Doesn't strike me as a club "without financial limits".

Frankly speaking, just don't believe anything before the player actually comes back from his holidays and really give his final opinion about all the offers he got.

abbbs97

Dont think there will be any more news on him until July. The media is now just repeating the same thing over and over again.

Zidane82

Another nothing article.

They say that Barcelona board expected PSG to be an obstacle in their players pursuit. PSG failed with de Jong and Griezmann but it seems like they could be successful with de Ligt. And, that sooner or later, it would have happened because Barça can't always compete with a team without financial limits.

Funny when yesterday, you had catalan press telling you PSG were selling to raise the funds for de Ligt. Doesn't strike me as a club "without financial limits".

Frankly speaking, just don't believe anything before the player actually comes back from his holidays and really give his final opinion about all the offers he got.

Thank you .. again .

Newcomer

A little bit of humor:
[tw]1140221016456781829[/tw]

This guy is a PSG fan that likes to make jokes on twitter.

When there was the announcement of Raiola being in Paris to negociate or even finalize a deal for de Ligt, he said that after the whole saga with de Jong the following scenario would be de Ligt posing on intagram 2 days later with a young fan wearing Barcelona kit and make everyone sweat.

And what happened ? What he predicted turned out to be true, haha ! Hilarious.

Can't deny that de Jong and de Ligt provided good content and twists.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A little bit of humor:
[tw]1140221016456781829[/tw]

This guy is a PSG fan that likes to make jokes on twitter.

When there was the announcement of Raiola being in Paris to negociate or even finalize a deal for de Ligt, he said that after the whole saga with de Jong the following scenario would be de Ligt posing on intagram 2 days later with a young fan wearing Barcelona kit and make everyone sweat.

And what happened ? What he predicted turned out to be true, haha ! Hilarious.

Can't deny that de Jong and de Ligt provided good content and twists.

While I admire his crystal ball, this picture itself is nothing. De Ligt would have agreed to take picture with a fan wearing a PSG, Manchester United, Juventus or any jersey for that matter. It means nothing.

Home of Barca Fans