Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

The last ‘quote’ I’ve seen from De Ligt himself was that he was going on vacation and he’d give his decision AFTER that .

What has changed ??

Newcomer

The last ‘quote’ I’ve seen from De Ligt himself was that he was going on vacation and he’d give his decision AFTER that .

What has changed ??

Nothing.
Those are a lot of bla bla to sell.

He said the problem with de Ligt is not financial or anything like that but a lack of humility. Because he is clear about what he wants and they prefer more humble person.

Load of non important things.

Raiola has all the offers for his client and he will chose when he comes back from vacation. Before that, well, just more bs stories.

Jair Ventura

All the negative press coming out of Spain suggest a buffer for when they announcement is finally made. Doesn’t mean he’s signing with PSG, but I doubt MD would be pushing this narrative if they were confident about their chances.

Given nothing has been finalized, I see no other reason for the pessimism.

Newcomer

All the negative press coming out of Spain suggest a buffer for when they announcement is finally made. Doesn’t mean he’s signing with PSG, but I doubt MD would be pushing this narrative if they were confident about their chances.

Given nothing has been finalized, I see no other reason for the pessimism.

They had negative press on Griezmann. They even went as far as to say he had a total agreement with PSG. The truth is it was done with Barcelona since March.

Jair Ventura

They had negative press on Griezmann. They even went as far as to say he had a total agreement with PSG. The truth is it was done with Barcelona since March.

Na, not to the same degree. Not even close.

Abidal and his IG ploy, for example.

Last edited:

Raketa10

This kid and his manager have created such a drama out of his transfer that I honestly don't care any more if he joins Barca or not. It's not like he is a new Messi. We'll find another CB next year. We have signed De Jong and if I had to choose between those two I would ALWAYS opt for Frenkie. In this moment he is a better player not to mention it's much harder to find a world class midfielder than world class CB. Just let him sign for PSG and move on, we have bigger issues in our squad than CB.

Last edited:

abbbs97

I’m not as invested as I was like in the De Jong signing. Of course de Ligt is a generational talent and I would love to have him here but that doesn’t mean I would want our wage structure to be even more fucked up than it is. Offer him a lower salary than PSG and if he accepts, great and if he doesn’t, well nothing we can do about it.

I agree with you, Raketa, I’m much more relieved that we signed De Jong. Our midfield was always the strong point in Barca history and De Jong is perfect for Barca. He will make a huge difference. Yes, even with Shitverde here. EV will not be at the club forever but De Jong will.

Anyway, I don’t think de Ligt is coming here. Again, I’d love for him to come here because he will be the best CB in the world some day and he is an amazing leader but if he doesn’t come here it won’t be the end of the world.

Arizona Scott

I am not bothered by this saga either. I know he is a great talent and currently the highest projected U22 defender, still 1) at present you could tell VVD is worlds more impactful than MDL, MDL is not going to transform a defense immediately via being an eraser of any of the backline's mistakes like VVD is (de Ligt as an athlete just doesn't compare), 2) upgrading CB not a seminal issue for Barca at the moment.

If he wants an obscene salary for a CB and PSG is offering it than his choice to take it. If he wants a outstanding salary and play for Barca, come here.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Missing out on De Ligt could turn out to be a blessing. We should be focusing energy on strengthening others areas, LB, CM etc.
The midfield still needs work. Frenkie alone isn't enough.

ryuken

We shouldnt deal with any players with that snake Raiola as their agent anyway, probably greedy af. Sound freaking arrogant to say come to PSG 1st and we will come begging later.

Zidane82

We shouldnt deal with any players with that snake Raiola as their agent anyway, probably greedy af. Sound freaking arrogant to say come to PSG 1st and we will come begging later.

To be fair to the lad it was his previous advisor who decided they should employ Raiola as he realised that he was out of his depth given the amounts of money they were suddenly being offered by all and sundry.

Also De Ligt has only made one statement of late ... “ I’m going on vacation and I’ll make a decision after that “

Sooooooo we should wait ...

Last edited:

VN10

Are you guys that naive? He will still come to Barca, Raiola is just using time and other offers to get the best contract.

This happends with every player and agent. If you think this is only the case with Raiola, then yeah... Feel free to believe that but you have no clue.

Home of Barca Fans