Matthijs de Ligt

Total-Football

You maybe missed the part where Telegraaf said Barça overpaid for de Jong compared to PSG offer ?

Money has been the winner in most cases for decades. Best clubs and best leagues became so because of money. Even a club like Ajax that has a great tradition and a long and successful history is relegated to be a feeder club because of money.

What you call farmer leagues are just leagues with less money. You can't cry on one hand because of money and on the other hand mocking less rich leagues.

I do agree with what you said.. but i am a football fan: we are an irrational, bitter, and subjective bunch.

BarçaBarça

I do agree with what you said.. but i am a football fan: we are an irrational, bitter, and subjective bunch.

Yes, and that is fair, tbh. I'm also quite bitter, and to me De Ligt is now a money-grabbing mindless baby, with no values, because if he had, he would come here.
That's my privilege as a football fan, and now I want Juventus to fail even more, because I'm bitter.

cro-man

So not only they will save taxes on him because of their new tax law they are looking for a discount from ajax as well:lol: Whats the point of this new tax law? To me it seems like a corrupt thing to do. A state who is backing their football clubs by lowering their taxes.

JPM85

[tw]1147973867882856449[/tw]

Juve only offered 50 Million without bonuses.

Claims negotiations are at a deadlock despite De Ligt wanting Juve.

Really funny situation. Didn't had de Ligt had a gentlemen's agreement with Barca about salary etc..
I know we need to read everything with a big grain of salt, but somewhere between the lines there is a hidden truth, which I totally don't like with the guy.

Ajax

I wouldn't verbally agree the purchase of a cup of coffee with Raiola. I would make him pay at least half in advance and settle that he only gets 2 sugar sachets before he takes the whole box from the counter as he couldn't find any clausule on a max amount of sugar

verbal agreement on a 50m deal.. with him.. sure..

Messi983

Hard to believe that Ajax agreed with Juventus last summer that they would sell one of their biggest talents for only 50m. That would be very stupid of them tbh.

I think thats what Barto was referring to the other day in the press conference. He probably knows that de Ligt is going to Juve cause of the agreement last summer.

They didn't agreed with Juve or any club last summer. IF rumours are true they just promised De Ligt they would sell him for 50M+ if he stays for another season. Clubs have done this before to keep players.

But that was before MDL has hired Raiola and before Ajax was coming close to a CL final which not even them alone expected with MDL playing an important role in their success so it was obvious his price would go up with every good performance against European's best clubs.

Now Ajax will still keep their promise to sell him but not for a price they've apparently promised him for last season. And this is totally normal. Things have changed in a year and Ajax is not stupid to sell for 50M if they've received offers close to or over 70M.

I wouldn't verbally agree the purchase of a cup of coffee with Raiola. I would make him pay at least half in advance and settle that he only gets 2 sugar sachets before he takes the whole box from the counter as he couldn't find any clausule on a max amount of sugar

verbal agreement on a 50m deal.. with him.. sure..

Raiola is not to be trusted but he's not alone. You can't trust peoples words in business world (and football is a big business) nowadays. There are rare exceptions but verbal agreements in general mean nothing. People (or players) /Companies (clubs) are even disputing and trying to break writen contracts when they change their mind/get a better offer elsewhere.

Campos

I think it's bullshit.

The Ligt didn't even wanted to leave last summer. Yes, he already had an EL final under his belt. But he wasn't near the player he is now.
At Ajax he had everything you can wish to develop yourself as a young player.

They even made him the captain at such young age. He made the most minutes of all players this season.

Another club was never an option.
Don't think Overmars is that stupid anyway...

And even if it was true. You put it on paper. Verbal agreements don't count. Raiola is just trying to keep lowballing Ajax.

Barto made the right decision. You shouldn't do business with this fat prick.

Last edited:

Ajax

the concept of a verbal agreement is so weird in the football world. Why not put it on paper if it's so specific

Ajax has a verbal agreement with Ziyech. They will not be difficult when the market price is offered. They already agreed on that 3y ago. When he signed his 4y deal it was with the verbal agreement that he could leave after 2y. After 2y he stayed because he didn't get an offer from a better club. He got his contract upgraded because he is the motherfucking man and he deserved it. The verbal agreement still stands. But it doesn't say X money in 2019/2020 summer but 'market price'.

That is hard to put in a contract and requires trust

Yes, and that is fair, tbh. I'm also quite bitter, and to me De Ligt is now a money-grabbing mindless baby, with no values, because if he had, he would come here.
That's my privilege as a football fan, and now I want Juventus to fail even more, because I'm bitter.

Fair enough. I don't blame him though because we didn't push the boat out to get him, even though it was clear we was his 1st choice. They thought they could underpay the guy because of our 'sporting project'. Doesn't work like that any more and just smacks of arrogance from the board.

Last edited:
He best not hope that we will come begging in 2 years. That's it now. A new CB star will
emerge, hopefully one who is quicker and less error prone than MDL. That's who we will need to target.

Campos

He best not hope that we will come begging in 2 years. That's it now. A new CB star will
emerge, hopefully one who is quicker and less error prone than MDL. That's who we will need to target.

Every defender makes mistakes, even Ramos. So don't get your hopes up too high.
Besides that, Juve plays much more defensive. He made a few mistakes. Because of the dutch playing style. He's an attacking minded defender. He likes to move forward.. Look at the game vs Tottenham. At 2-1 he is just moving forward to try to score. For what ?

An Italian coach won't never let him do that. That mistake made them lose the game.

Still think the La Liga and Premier League was the better option for him. But in the end the Serie A will make him an even better defender (because the switch of playing style).

I don't think MdL will come to Barca in the near future. 150 mil for a defender is just way too much. Even in this crazy market.

Maybe PSG or City (or Real if they are desperate) are crazy enough to pay that amount of money. But Barca ? Hell fucking no!

Last edited:

abbbs97

Getting more and more glad that we didn’t get this guy. If we had gotten him, we would’ve dealt with Raiola who for sure would be trying to move de Ligt to another club in 2 years just to milk more money from us. It’s just not worth it, especially for a defender.
And yeah I don’t think we will ever get him again. The board will be completely different by then and I doubt that we’ll spend the 150m on a CB. I think he’ll go to United in the future or PSG.

Home of Barca Fans