Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

I do agree with what you said.. but i am a football fan: we are an irrational, bitter, and subjective bunch.

Yeah. You are right.
We are on a Barca forum and you are totally entitled to vent out your frustration.

I'm being too "objective" in my quest of staying neutral.

If we shall say the cold hard truth (based on our subjectivity), de Ligt is really greedy. Raiola is greedy. And they are trying to lowball Ajax with Juve. It is really not cool. If i were an Ajax fan, i would have been sooo angry.
Reminds me of Guedes who only wanted Valencia... They offered less money than PL side but we had to settle with their offer as he didn’t want to go anywhere else.

Newcomer

Every defender makes mistakes, even Ramos. So don't get your hopes up too high.
Besides that, Juve plays much more defensive. He made a few mistakes. Because of the dutch playing style. He's an attacking minded defender. He likes to move forward.. Look at the game vs Tottenham. At 2-1 he is just moving forward to try to score. For what ?

An Italian coach won't never let him do that. That mistake made them lose the game.

Still think the La Liga and Premier League was the better option for him. But in the end the Serie A will make him an even better defender (because the switch of playing style).

I don't think MdL will come to Barca in the near future. 150 mil for a defender is just way too much. Even in this crazy market.

Maybe PSG or City (or Real if they are desperate) are crazy enough to pay that amount of money. But Barca ? Hell fucking no!

Lol. PSG is out of the race when he is available for 50/75 M but we would be in the race when he is worth more than 150 M ?
PSG spent a lot on two attacking players with flair, great marketability. De Ligt doesn't have those traits. PSG doesn't spend that much on defenders.

Raketa10

Yeah. You are right.
We are on a Barca forum and you are totally entitled to vent out your frustration.

I'm being too "objective" in my quest of staying neutral.

If we shall say the cold hard truth (based on our subjectivity), de Ligt is really greedy. Raiola is greedy. And they are trying to lowball Ajax with Juve. It is really not cool. If i were an Ajax fan, i would have been sooo angry.
Reminds me of Guedes who only wanted Valencia... They offered less money than PL side but we had to settle with their offer as he didn’t want to go anywhere else.

It's always the same with Raiola players. I honestly can't understand De Ligt here. If he want's to go to Juve I am fine with that but Juve offer (50 mil) is just insulting. It looks like he is fine as long as he gets more money but on the other hand he couldn't care less if Ajax gets 50 instead of 75 (amount barca and PSG are offering). That's just an asshole attitude towards the club where he grew up.

Last edited:

Campos

Today at the Ajax training ground.

709dd454-ff5b-4c14-b734-be1b68d4fb9e__1JR0680.jpg

He seems happy to me
Has Barto made him an offer he can't refuse :messi:

Lol. PSG is out of the race when he is available for 50/75 M but we would be in the race when he is worth more than 150 M ?
PSG spent a lot on two attacking players with flair, great marketability. De Ligt doesn't have those traits. PSG doesn't spend that much on defenders.

His transfer clause is €150m

If he'll become as good as v Dijk within 2-3 years. Trust me, PSG wil pay that amount of money. Don't see Barca pay that much for any defender. So, i don't think De Ligt will ever play for Barca.

That's all i was saying.

Last edited:

Donatello

If we take that scenario of buying him for 150M later, we will have to pay 75M more plus more wages ( compared to what he is pricedd now).

If we buy him now, it will be 75M + wages.

Even if he were to earn 15M per year, it is 75M in 5 years. Add that with the transfer fee, that equates to the money, i.e 150M you'll have to pay to just get him in the future. And there will be even more competition and even better offers.

So, better kiss him goodbye for ever if he goes to a different club now. It also doesn't makes sense financially to do that either in near future. Its now or never.

Last edited:

Givenchy

its not worth dealing with Raiola no matter how talented the player is. Juve are cucks for accepting a buyout clause + dealing with Raiola once again after what he did to them during the Pogba saga

in 3 years time, 150mil for a world class CB might not be seen as outlandish (Maguire could go for 85mil+ this summer even) but i hope Barca steer clear of this one

Newcomer

Today at the Ajax training ground.

709dd454-ff5b-4c14-b734-be1b68d4fb9e__1JR0680.jpg

He seems happy to me
Has Barto made him an offer he can't refuse :messi:

His transfer clause is €150m

If he'll become as good as v Dijk within 2-3 years. Trust me, PSG wil pay that amount of money. Don't see Barca pay that much for any defender. So, i don't think De Ligt will ever play for Barca.

That's all i was saying.

It is said to be 150 M and increasing every year. So, it will be more than 150 M.

And what i mean about PSG not buying him in the future is they couldn't convince him to come now when it is easier. No way they'll transfer him later on when he plays in a bigger club than Ajax (right now) with a bigger salary. Ajax to PSG is a step up, Juve to PSG is a side move at best.

Leo_Messi

Why are people even entertaining the idea of the club buying de Ligt 3, 4 or even 5 years down the road? To begin with there is no guarantee of him becoming a success for future boards to even entertain the idea of paying €150+ million for him. Secondly by that time there will likely be 5-10 young CB's and CB's his age with a similar level or potential. Some without a doubt with a higher level and celling as well. Being an early bloomer does not guarantee that your progression will be linear the older you get until you reach your prime as a CB.

I honestly think that the board feels that there are better options out there for the immediate and long-term future. That and them not wanting to deal with Raiola, Todibo being rated highly, Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti and Todibo being enough for 2 positions for the next season and probably most importantly most of the funds this summer going for the transfers of Griezmann and Neymar.

I would have preferred if the board had dropped buying one of Neymar and Griezmann and instead used the funds on de Ligt and a new midfielder that would take the third starting spot (hopefully FDJ and Arthur will be guaranteed a starting spot) from either Busquets or Rakitic.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I mostly agree, but Griezmann is a must buy imo. I was disappointed not to get him last year for only 100m (I had given up on Suarez by that point). He is proven quality in the Liga and CL and is a big upgrade on Suarez.

If de Ligt isn't bought, it's not the end of the world. I'd be looking around for a box to box midfielder with the funds that would have gone towards buying him. I think a box to box player is needed to join up with de Jong and Arthur for a balanced midfield.

Donatello

its not worth dealing with Raiola no matter how talented the player is. Juve are cucks for accepting a buyout clause + dealing with Raiola once again after what he did to them during the Pogba saga

in 3 years time, 150mil for a world class CB might not be seen as outlandish (Maguire could go for 85mil+ this summer even) but i hope Barca steer clear of this one

You don't get my point.

If we are willing to spend 150M 3-4 years later, why not spend 75M + wages now, even if the wages are bit high. It will be definitely lesser than 150M that you've to pay, plus you already get a player instead of waiting 3-4 years.

If we buy him then, he'll definitely demand even more, plus numerous other clubs will be in the running. Its stupid to buy him then, when you could've gotten him earlier for lesser money.

And Possibly Raiola will still be his agent 3-4 years later, so you'll have to deal with him then anyways.

Last edited:

Donatello

Why are people even entertaining the idea of the club buying de Ligt 3, 4 or even 5 years down the road? To begin with there is no guarantee of him becoming a success for future boards to even entertain the idea of paying €150+ million for him. Secondly by that time there will likely be 5-10 young CB's and CB's his age with a similar level or potential. Some without a doubt with a higher level and celling as well. Being an early bloomer does not guarantee that your progression will be linear the older you get until you reach your prime as a CB.

I honestly think that the board feels that there are better options out there for the immediate and long-term future. That and them not wanting to deal with Raiola, Todibo being rated highly, Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti and Todibo being enough for 2 positions for the next season and probably most importantly most of the funds this summer going for the transfers of Griezmann and Neymar.

I would have preferred if the board had dropped buying one of Neymar and Griezmann and instead used the funds on de Ligt and a new midfielder that would take the third starting spot (hopefully FDJ and Arthur will be guaranteed a starting spot) from either Busquets or Rakitic.

You underestimate this board. They are the same guys who are heads over heels for a player who made a mockery of us last year with his stupid documentary, and one whose role isn't even decided yet.

They were also interested in bringing Neymar back, had PSG agreed to sell.

By 2021 we will have next electons, Bartomeu will do anything to remain president, be it signing De Ligt for ridiculous sums. He just loves to make headlines.

Home of Barca Fans