Matthijs de Ligt

FC B

monster of a defender potentially but Raiola will likely end up his full time agent and its just not worth the hassle that fat bastard comes with
Ok but as far as I'm concerd I I'm seduced by his quality, would go for him, at least fight till the end. Besides Pique isn't getting any younger, de Ligt is the absolut best prospect replacement for him, whithout any doubt.
Not worth it.
In this market where a 27 old VVD costed LFC ~80m? :lol:

Last edited:

serghei

Ok, Lenglet costed ~40m, is almost 4 years older and seems nowhere near him in terms of quality and output in the field.

I'd say Lenglet is right now a better CB than De Ligt, or at least as good. And Lenglet is pretty young too. And let's see Todibo too. Just because he's not the papers' darling doesn't mean he can't be a really top talent.

Todibo signing shows we have no real intent on signing De Ligt imo.

Last edited:

Joan

In this market where a 27 old VVD costed LFC ~80m? :lol:

It's relative. Depends on tbe club. 80m fee + 10m bonuses + 12m salary. It's nuts. And not worth it.

Besides, 'for a decade' argument is quite thin. Suppose he signs for 5 years, becomes world class (which he's not yet by the way), with 12m salary. After 5 years, he'll ask for more money. Possibly leave. That's in agents interest. Etc.

Last edited:

FC B

I'd say Lenglet is right now a better CB than De Ligt, or at least as good. And Lenglet is pretty young too. And let's see Todibo too. Just because he's not the papers' darling doesn't mean he can't be a really top talent.

Todibo signing shows we have no real intent on signing De Ligt imo.

I agree about Todibo but not about Lenglet too, to me he seems a bit underpar, already.

FC B

It's relative. Depends on tbe club. 80m fee + 10m bonuses + 12m salary. It's nuts. And not worth it.

Besides, 'for a decade' argument is quite thin. Suppose he signs for 5 years, becomes world class (which he's not yet by the way), with 12m salary. After 5 years, he'll ask for more money. Possibly leave. That's in agents interest. Etc.

Ofc but that's Barca's board mission, not ours. They've ought to keep Barca's best prospects and established players happy granting them good contracts, Barca is already the best paying club in the world in terms of wages, that shoulnd't be a real problem even for this board...

Joan

Ofc but that's Barca's board mission, not ours. They've ought to keep Barca's best prospects and established players happy granting them good contracts, Barca is already the best paying club in the world in terms of wages, that shoulnd't be a real problem even for this board...
What? No, that is the problem. They shouldn't do it. And good thing is - they won't.

FC B

What? No, that is the problem. They shouldn't do it. And good thing is - they won't.

So the likes of Messi, Stegen, Alba, Melo, Dembele, and so on shouln't be kept happy? I wrote prospects and established players and de Light would be almost as great of a prospect as Dembele was when he joined.

Joan

So the likes of Messi, Stegen, Alba, Melo, Dembele, and so on shouln't be kept happy? I wrote prospects and established players and de Light would be almost as great of a prospect as Dembele was when he joined.

If their demands are reasonable.

12m for an 18 y.o. defender is not.

FC B

Ofc but most likely Barca's wage demands is already way too unreasonable with not that many players that proved they desevre they huge paycheques... As far as de Ligt is concerde I'd try to implement a negotiation tactic that will ensure he earned his desierd wage basde on performance and playing time.

Arizona Scott

I would also choose De Ligt over De Jong, but the rumored wages and that agent of his really puts me off.

Stones is 120 week and Laporte is 75. VVD 140 and Varane 160. Umtiti looks a bargain at about 85--of course whether it is a bargain depends on his health/recovery. I would be expect about Stones-level to be enough to secure him, hard to see another team paying much more.

Xavinho

Stones is 120 week and Laporte is 75. VVD 140 and Varane 160. Umtiti looks a bargain at about 85--of course whether it is a bargain depends on his health/recovery. I would be expect about Stones-level to be enough to secure him, hard to see another team paying much more.

Laporte needs a better agent in that case. He shouldn't be making less than half what Varane makes.

Home of Barca Fans