Mavericky Puig

messi2140

6racies Xavi
BBZ, are you aware that Busi is 189 cm, so higher than those guys you've mentioned?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why are you mentioning Busi and Frenkie with Puig?
They don't compete for the same position.

Please guys, whoever from now on mentions Puig and a double pivot in the same sentence, should autoban himself from forum for 7 days ;)

I think that is more than fair considering how much nonsense is in the idea of playing Puig as a pivot.
I literally can't think of a worse option for a pivot in the last 15 years.

Halil, Denis, Riki.
Those 3 combined couldn't make a proper defensive tackle.

Even in women's football match.

You are making it sound as if we have 2 juggernauts in the pivot position. I don't see how a pivot of Pjanic-Puig is such an outlandish proposition when he have Biscuit and FdJ there.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Suddenly, 2012-2020 became Messi's prime according to BBZ because he wanted to make a point about us only winning 1 CL in that time frame.

:lol:

His actual prime is 2008-2015, dawg and you've actually said as much in 99% of your other posts.

Alik

Suddenly, 2012-2020 became Messi's prime according to BBZ because he wanted to make a point about us only winning 1 CL in that time frame.

His actual prime is 2008-2015, dawg and you've actually said as much in 99% of your other posts.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Nobody knows if Puig is overrated or not. Based on his performances of last season he is clearly not overrated but to realize his real value we need to see him play.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Look what I caught for BBZ

sGOl90n.gif

CatalinR10

Puig is better than all the midfielders we have , only reason he's not starting is because of personal reasons.

I used to make fun of his height but this player made Atletico thugs his bitches

Don't even @ me.

SMH.

Birdy

Pre-Pep our pivots were 186 cm Edmilson, pitbull Edgar Davids, 187 Motta, 187 psycho dirty tackler Van Bommel, 184 Marquez, 188 Yaya Toure.
All of them (except Davids) were tall, all of them were quite strong, good defenders, good tacklers, good in the air.

And then came Pep with Busquets.

Not true for all of them.
Van Bommel and Davids yes, Marquez yes (central defender his natural position), Edmilson maybe,

But Motta? No way.
Motta was a pre-Busi, tall, but not athletic, not good at defending, great passer
Yaya was not a good defender. He was strong as fuck, but he would not have his mind anywhere related to defending. He always wanted to get a hold on the ball and dribble/pass, contribute offensively. His subsequent career at City confirmed that big time.

But then, more important question. Who of the above was a success?? Davids no way, Motta no way, Marquez not as a DM.
Only Edmilson, Van bommel only for one season (05/06), and Yaya in the Pep setup and not in the role you set for the pivot

BBZ8800

I thought you started to enjoy Puig a bit when he had those good games last season. I'm sure he won some "coins" with you?

He went from:
1. This guy should play in a female football competition
To:
2. Ok, he might play with men, for a segunda or a bottom table team one day

BBZ8800

Not true for all of them.
Van Bommel and Davids yes, Marquez yes (central defender his natural position), Edmilson maybe,

But Motta? No way.
Motta was a pre-Busi, tall, but not athletic, not good at defending, great passer
Yaya was not a good defender. He was strong as fuck, but he would not have his mind anywhere related to defending. He always wanted to get a hold on the ball and dribble/pass, contribute offensively. His subsequent career at City confirmed that big time.

But then, more important question. Who of the above was a success?? Davids no way, Motta no way, Marquez not as a DM.
Only Edmilson, Van bommel only for one season (05/06), and Yaya in the Pep setup and not in the role you set for the pivot

Davids was here for 6 months on a loan.
We went from 12th place to almost winning a title.
Ronaldinho and Davids were the best players in the 2nd part of 2003/04.

In 2004/05, Marquez was very good due to knee injuries to Motta and Edmilson.
Marquez was out of Barca:Chelsea tie in 2005, so we fielded an all-out Barca DNA light midfield with Xavi-Gerard Lopez-Deco-Iniesta and we looked like little kids against Mou's men.

In 2005/06, Edmilson returned and we added Van Bommel.
Marquez returned to a Cb and Oleguer moved from a Cb to a Rb.

Then we sold Van Bommel.
Let Larsson go to Man Utd.
And we lost an assistant coach Ten Cate.

So, we lost some key players, an assistant coach, Ronnie got fat and we bought some bad fits like Thuram, Zambrotta, Gudi and even Yaya.

I would personally rather have Edmilson, Van Bommel or Davids than Busi.
Busi was good only in well oiled machine surrounded by prime Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Alves.

vegitot

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are making it sound as if we have 2 juggernauts in the pivot position. I don't see how a pivot of Pjanic-Puig is such an outlandish proposition when he have Biscuit and FdJ there.

Koeman tried him as a pivot in two friendly games. I think he knows Puig's flaws so that is why no pivot for Puig. Honestly, that is a stupid idea.

vegitot

While I agree with that sentiment, that's not necessarily true for a Barca 'pivot' though. A Barca 'pivot' is not a destroyer, and does not go around disrupting play and making challenges to win back possession. The role which Busquets has been doing is primarily that of transition of the ball from the defense to the forward line, while slotting in to fill gaps where they may appear. If you want someone who can tackle and be strong, Busquets isn't your main anyway!

Busuqets is so weak and so slow he cannot tackle for shit. He makes some sliding challenges but I don't see Puig being any better or worse in that regard. However, Puig has shown a lot more stamina, and will be better than this current Busuqets at basically everything.

I'm not suggesting that a pivot is his best position, but it's not absurd to think that Puig would do a better job than Busquets at that position. That's saying more about Busquets than Puig tbh, but Koeman is love struck with Busquets for whatever reason, just like Valverde, Setien and Luis Enrique.

So three diferent coaches think Busquest is superior one and no one rate Puig higher than Busquest.

Oh Busquest is the most efficent tackler in Europe last season among midfielders. He is worse compare to his past self.

Home of Barca Fans