Mavericky Puig

Richard.H

Hopefully this is the vision of the club for the future. The costly mercenaries do not prove their worth. Coutinho, Dembele, Frenkie, MATS, Lenglet... You do analysis here all the time. What outside transfer changed the fortunes of the club? Last great impact I remember was 2014 with Luis Suarez.

The cheaper, more lowkey signings have benefited our team a lot more than the star signings. Paulinho alone won us at least 4-5 matches in the 17-18 season (I am aware he wasn't that cheap, but it was a lowkey signing).

BBZ8800

Nico, Eric and Ansu have been our best performers as well. Try watching the game instead of jerking yourself off

I'll be accused of defending Coutinho, but Barjuan sent to field Balde, Puig and Abde before Coutinho.

Even if Coutinho is the worst player on Earth, he can't be worse than let's say Puig.

Also, check the huge change in Puig's minutes as soon Barjuan came.

Something is happening.

George_Costanza

Puig, understandably, has regressed under Cowman. A player of his quality, who is creative and has the ability to jumpstart attacking potential, needs to do more. I'm sure he will be back to his best and more under Xavi.

JamDav1982

I'll be accused of defending Coutinho, but Barjuan sent to field Balde, Puig and Abde before Coutinho.

Even if Coutinho is the worst player on Earth, he can't be worse than let's say Puig.

Something is happening.

Abde is not La Masia and clearly brought in due to chronic lack of width and players that in theory can run at opposition and stretch teams.

Sane with Balde.

JamDav1982

Haha the 'Koeman ruined Puig' excuses have started as predicted they would be.

This will be the narrative from now. Never mind he didnt play more under Koeman as was shite in 3 of his 4 starts.

Puig was told to go on loan. All on him.

vegitot

Puig, understandably, has regressed under Cowman. A player of his quality, who is creative and has the ability to jumpstart attacking potential, needs to do more. I'm sure he will be back to his best and more under Xavi.

You mean he creates for opponent teams???

Doubt he will play much under Xavi. Maybe will continue like that forever.

mc_lovin

Something is happening.

He literally is worse. Have you watched him in the last few years?

vegitot

Something is happening.

Cou is terrible. Check his game vs Rayo.

Puig is still a bench warmer. Nobody rates him. If Xavi watch this game then even he will do the same.

BBZ8800

Hopefully this is the vision of the club for the future. The costly mercenaries do not prove their worth. Coutinho, Dembele, Frenkie, MATS, Lenglet... You do analysis here all the time. What outside transfer changed the fortunes of the club? Last great impact I remember was 2014 with Luis Suarez.

It is harder today.

In 2000, there were less rich clubs in the world (no EPL, no oil clubs) and the richest clubs had a monopol on majority of players.

Today with internet, youtube and football stats sites, each club can hire 10 scouts to sit at home and watch football matches and stats 24/7 instead of travelling to Brazil, Africa or Eastern Europe personally in a search for talents.

So, in the past, we were 1 out 5 clubs with a good scouting network and today we are 1 out of 30 or 50.

Add to a mix the eternal doubt: whether to go full La Masia/Barca DNA or try something new and we are in problems.

On top of all, we are broke.

So, if we are broke, then it is ok to go full La Masia.

But if we aren't broke and if we'll spend 70m on Dani Olmo, then you know that we are going full retard with La Masia.

vegitot

It is harder today.

In 2000, there were less rich clubs in the world (no EPL, no oil clubs) and the richest clubs had a monopol on majority of players.

Today with internet, youtube and football stats sites, each club can hire 10 scouts to sit at home and watch football matches and stats 24/7 instead of travelling to Brazil, Africa or Eastern Europe personally in a search for talents.

So, in the past, we were 1 out 5 clubs with a good scouting network and today we are 1 out of 30 or 50.

Add to a mix the eternal doubt: whether to go full La Masia/Barca DNA or try something new and we are in problems.

On top of all, we are broke.

So, if we are broke, then it is ok to go full La Masia.

But if we aren't broke and if we'll spend 70m on Dani Olmo, then you know that we are going full retard with La Masia.

You just say current Barca situation: Empty bank. So go with youngster who are cheap.

70 millions for Olmo is stupid.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

he's at least as awful, at least Puig might have some room for improvement. Coutinho is beyond done at this point, you can just put a player stationary at the edge of the box in front of the right post and that's Coutinho's entire game done and dusted

Home of Barca Fans