Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

Cant see any club paying 10m for him as is rumoured price Barca want.

Doesnt add much off the bench which is what want bench players for.. to add something to the game or be developing to a first team spot.

Puig chases ball and more often than not passes to first man open. Does very little to open up game in final third, is weak defensively and isnt a goal threat.

Argument has gone from 'he is world class soon' to 'earns little so could be a good back up'. Even that argument doesnt add up unless he suddenly improves.

Will stay at Barca most likely as no serious team would be in for him and he likes the status more than proving himself as a footballer.

gregorrin10

Exactly, On his day, he can provide plenty to Barcelona, and more importantly, he is on a low wage. Him staying or moving won't affect the team from a financial perspective. Also, he is not a replacement for FDJ, Busi, and Nico since he isn't a CDM. His competitions are only Pedri and Gavi.

Plus it makes room for any new La Masia talent breaking through, since we pretty much get new rising stars for CM almost exclusively these days, but we at least do that position mighty well.

George_Costanza

He is the top trend on Twitter today for just this small piece of news: "Riqui Puig has a good chance of starting against Mallorca. #fcblive". :lol:

Like him or hate him, he is currently the most popular Barca player.

Bobo32

He has never proven that he is NOT good, that's for sure. He is playing well every single time and it's a wonder that Xavi doesn't see. I hope that the games next week will be played because it would be hard not to pick Puig there, and then we would see what he could bring in a few full games in a row finally maybe. I have my nice bottle of Priorat waiting for Puigs return to the starting 11.

MTL_Barca

If all coaches "don't see" how good he is then that might just mean he doesn't have what it takes. And not even just for Barca, it's the same for Spain with just 200 minutes for the U21 team.

Other youngsters overtake him left and right, if he wants to have a decent career he should leave sooner rather than later. He isn't a bad player but i don't see him ever have a bigger role at the club.

Qqqq

He has never proven that he is NOT good, that's for sure. He is playing well every single time and it's a wonder that Xavi doesn't see. I hope that the games next week will be played because it would be hard not to pick Puig there, and then we would see what he could bring in a few full games in a row finally maybe. I have my nice bottle of Priorat waiting for Puigs return to the starting 11.

Yeah, the hype is strong.

Home of Barca Fans