Mavericky Puig

Birdy

Probably thought he could wait through till Xavi potentially come, and didn't expect the emergance of Gavi. Wasn't a bad play all considered but hasn't worked out.

He better hope Garcia Pimienta gets Las Palmas promoted which may give him a slight comfort zone with a familiar coach with LaMasia ideals.

But I expect him to stay in this current role until his contract is up, and then try to renew even if on a lesser contract. Clearly loves the perks of being a Barca player, for however long it will last.

Why would the club renew a 6th choice midfielder, whose quality is questionable for the 1st team, and is for the most part expendable?

His best chance is to go out on loan next season, and hope to have a good season, so that other teams get interested

Porque

Why would the club renew a 6th choice midfielder, whose quality is questionable for the 1st team, and is for the most part expendable?

His best chance is to go out on loan next season, and hope to have a good season, so that other teams get interested

To be fair, I didn't mention about the clubs perspective.

Birdy

To be fair, I didn't mention about the clubs perspective.

Sure.
I am just wondering how out-of-touch with reality can Puig be to think that the club will try to renew him, when he is currently 6th choice in the pecking order, and not playing at all?

malvolio

Sure.
I am just wondering how out-of-touch with reality can Puig be to think that the club will try to renew him, when he is currently 6th choice in the pecking order, and not playing at all?

you're the one out-of-touch with reality. he's living the life in barcelona, being a rich kid, hanging out with the likes of pique, having best seats in the house at the camp nou.

TRY_Aze

If Coach does not play you, you should go my bro.When stay and eat money, it doesn't suit the mentality of a football player.

BerkeleyBernie

you're the one out-of-touch with reality. he's living the life in barcelona, being a rich kid, hanging out with the likes of pique, having best seats in the house at the camp nou.

Maybe this, certainly closer to his perspective. People have tunnel vision, obsessed with official playing time. That's one part of a footballer's life and growth. Puig plays every day, with some of the greatest players to ever play over the past few years, his heroes, at the home of some of the best club teams ever. Now he's training with Xavi. Is more official time at some no name club with no name players going to help his development more? Not necessarily, and only in one aspect.

For instance, if one were a musician and were being paid as a session musician to sit in with Prince when he was working up demos of new songs, but weren't the musician chosen to be on the album or on tour, would you give a fuck?

Plus, other than the hyperbolic h8trs here on the Forum, fans tend to like him, enjoying the breath of life he brought to a dull plodding Barca.

Now, if he were able to wrangle a regular spot on a team like Dortmund or Ajax where he'd be around a lot of upcoming talents, that might be enough of a draw to pull him away from what's a pretty sweet gig in Barcelona.

iniestaGOAT

Maybe this, certainly closer to his perspective. People have tunnel vision, obsessed with official playing time. That's one part of a footballer's life and growth. Puig plays every day, with some of the greatest players to ever play over the past few years, his heroes, at the home of some of the best club teams ever. Now he's training with Xavi. Is more official time at some no name club with no name players going to help his development more? Not necessarily, and only in one aspect.

For instance, if one were a musician and were being paid as a session musician to sit in with Prince when he was working up demos of new songs, but weren't the musician chosen to be on the album or on tour, would you give a fuck?

Plus, other than the hyperbolic h8trs here on the Forum, fans tend to like him, enjoying the breath of life he brought to a dull plodding Barca.

Now, if he were able to wrangle a regular spot on a team like Dortmund or Ajax where he'd be around a lot of upcoming talents, that might be enough of a draw to pull him away from what's a pretty sweet gig in Barcelona.

Life isn't all fun and games. At some point he needs to think about his own career. Pique and all will be gone in few years and you have Pedri and gavi trying to be their best.

Imagine if Beyonce thought I will be a back up dancer to Nas forever. It's a sweet gig. Unless he himself thinks he is Garbage and can't make it anywhere.

If that's what he thinks he has no place in Barcelona anyway

Rory

If he’d have been serious when Koeman first arrived and said go on loan he could now have a couple years of experience honing the skills he does have and improving what he’s lacking. He could have then returned here to be a useful rotation or tactical option.

Instead he’s been content sitting on the bench and not improving.

JamDav1982

Wouldnt be surprised if in a few years he is playing for Andorra and is 'working' with Pique through his fathers investments.

BerkeleyBernie

Life isn't all fun and games. At some point he needs to think about his own career. Pique and all will be gone in few years and you have Pedri and gavi trying to be their best.

Imagine if Beyonce thought I will be a back up dancer to Nas forever. It's a sweet gig. Unless he himself thinks he is Garbage and can't make it anywhere.

If that's what he thinks he has no place in Barcelona anyway

That's your perspective. My point is he doesn't share it.

And one can't say going to another club is necessarily better for his career. Certainly there are clubs where he'd get more official playing time. That doesn't mean his wages would increase or anything else about his career. The best move for him may very well be to stay put, see if he can improve his situation at Barca, and, if not, make the next decision at the end of his contract.

iniestaGOAT

That's your perspective. My point is he doesn't share it.

And one can't say going to another club is necessarily better for his career. Certainly there are clubs where he'd get more official playing time. That doesn't mean his wages would increase or anything else about his career. The best move for him may very well be to stay put, see if he can improve his situation at Barca, and, if not, make the next decision at the end of his contract.

That's the worst advice to a young professional I have ever heard

Birdy

for 1 more year until his contract runs out/
Then, ooops...
No more Dolce Vita in Barcelona

Home of Barca Fans