Mavericky Puig

fergus90

More goals than Messi, Neymar and Haaland last week.

Edit: Neymar also scored. But still more prolific than the other two.

Last edited:

Bobo32

More goals than Messi, Neymar and Haaland last week.

Edit: Neymar also scored. But still more prolific than the other two.

Silly post
I sense nervousness in some of these posters, who are only able to produce these "ironic" distancing "funny" posts. Chances are, with more playing time Puig will show he is indeed great.
Here is a direct comparison with Pedri this season. Puig is generally much more involved, much more successful, and about as threatening as Pedri, based on stats from the games this season.
https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...1-2022&player_id2=0d9b2d31&p2yrfrom=2021-2022

edit: then there are some posters who really put forward a terrible picture of themselves on this forum, so narrow minded and petty, and thinking that someone like me who enjoy watching Puig play would somehow feel sad seeing that other players (whom I also like) are successful. You know others as you know yourself, I guess.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Silly post
I sense nervousness in some of these posters, who are only able to produce these "ironic" distancing "funny" posts. Chances are, with more playing time Puig will show he is indeed great.
Here is a direct comparison with Pedri this season. Puig is generally much more involved, much more successful, and about as threatening as Pedri, based on stats from the games this season.
https://fbref.com/en/stathead/playe...1-2022&player_id2=0d9b2d31&p2yrfrom=2021-2022

Nah you are utterly clueless.

Just like wee Riqui in midfield.

fergus90

Silly post

Nervousness? Wind your neck in.

Porque

Why wouldn't Barca fans be happy about yet another young LaMasia midfielder (4 In the first team squad!) Coming on and getting a goal.

Im curious, is Puig as polarizing in other fan circles (I don't read reddit for example) as he is on this forum?

Bobo32

Why wouldn't Barca fans be happy about yet another young LaMasia midfielder (4 In the first team squad!) Coming on and getting a goal.

Im curious, is Puig as polarizing in other fan circles (I don't read reddit for example) as he is on this forum?

I don't know, I sometimes read twitter and he is polarizing there as well, some love him and others seem to be disgusted by him.
I really don't want to go into the psyche of these people feeling anger because Puig was happy to score and thanked those around him, for example.

JamDav1982

Nothing compares to the anger the Puig fan boys feel towards the likes of Pedri who is doing all the things they thought Puig could be.

Sensational.

Iniesta Ultra

He played 1/4 the minutes of world class midfielder Pedri yesterday. In those minutes he played as many passes into the final third, as many passes into the box, and twice as many progressive passes as Pedri. He played half the total amount of overall passes, so double the passes per minute.

And yes he apparently missed four of his passes, giving him a completion% of 86,7, compared to Pedris 91,8 in this particular game. 86,7 is quite a long way above Pedris season average of 84,5, even though it is even longer away from his own season average of 93,5...

We probably won't see him play for three more matches now. :lol:

Iniesta Ultra

Silly post

edit: then there are some posters who really put forward a terrible picture of themselves on this forum, so narrow minded and petty, and thinking that someone like me who enjoy watching Puig play would somehow feel sad seeing that other players (whom I also like) are successful. You know others as you know yourself, I guess.

It's pretty self-evident with many of the posters here.

"We see others not as they are but as we are"

soul24rage

For the good of this lad (I personally like him as a player), he really needs to go on loan or leave the club this summer for the sake of his career.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For the good of this lad (I personally like him as a player), he really needs to go on loan or leave the club this summer for the sake of his career.

I hope we sell him tbh.

He doesn't have a future here even if he does well on loan.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He played 1/4 the minutes of world class midfielder Pedri yesterday. In those minutes he played as many passes into the final third, as many passes into the box, and twice as many progressive passes as Pedri. He played half the total amount of overall passes, so double the passes per minute.

And yes he apparently missed four of his passes, giving him a completion% of 86,7, compared to Pedris 91,8 in this particular game. 86,7 is quite a long way above Pedris season average of 84,5, even though it is even longer away from his own season average of 93,5...

Dude, half those passes where in a 5 second passing spree with Alves, for no apparent reason they just kept bouncing the ball off each other... Probably that's what some people mean when they say he's exciting to watch...

Home of Barca Fans