Mavericky Puig

Porque

Riqui Puig hasn't given up on his dream of making at Barcelona. He has asked the Barcelona fans to help him on this quest by chanting for Xavi to give Riqui Puig one more match. [5FootNews]

Iniesta Ultra

That doesnt make sense but back to question...where do you see the talent of Puig taking him next season and how will he perform?

Avoiding answering it tells own story.

I see Xavi destroying our future by letting him go, signing all the wrong players, and using a low IQ system that only Birdy likes.

JamDav1982

I see Xavi destroying our future by letting him go, signing all the wrong players, and using a low IQ system that only Birdy likes.

Aye very good.

CIF - you are not answering question asked.

But where do you see Puig next season proving his worth and showing how Xavi destroyed clubs future by letting such a great player go?

Avoiding answer as know will be proven wrong me suspects.

JamDav1982

Mental gymastics of the Puig fan boys to try and squeeze last of life out the 'Puig is class' argument.

Barca struggling after they let Puig go is sign of how good Puig is no matter how poor a footballer he goes on to show himself to be in his career.

Sensational stuff.

Wont predict the future of Puig as know will be proven wrong.

Lions and sheep and all that.

Im oot.

delancey

😂
[MENTION=30079]Iniesta Ultra[/MENTION]

In which club would you like to see Puig play if not at Barcelona next season?

Catta

Proved again that he is a top 5 midfielder in the world. Watching him play, I realised how shit Xavi and Iniesta were in their prime.

Bobo32

It was very nice, and almost a dream-like experience, to see Puig get 90 minutes in Barcelona again.

It was a game that mattered a lot for both teams, especially the opponents, as could be seen at the final whistle. But 1p was enough for both, and as time went on that became more apparent.
Puig had been criticized and put on the permabench by Xavi because of him making some mistakes earlier that Xavi didn't like. By playing 90 today he doubled his playing minutes since jan 5th, he hadn't played 90 minutes total since then. It was easy to see that he played very safely, in order to not make any mistakes. He almost didn't do any.

He tried constantly to get the ball in the left half space, he waved and waved for the ball to arrive there, preferably early from Mingueza. One time did he get the ball very nicely from there, and he then turned rather magically and found the through ball. He also went for some early runs in behind the defence, especially in first half, and it created some hints of danger. There was another moment where he bodied a Getafe-midfielder, went on a run, and found a Modric-like pass towards Alves I think it was, with the outside of his foot, around the defense. Nothing really special, but a hint of his class, what he sees and what he can do technically. Another very good long cross for Ferran Torres who looked slow and tired and didn't catch it.
All through the game, he tried to link centrally, he wanted the ball there, and tried to combine through the middle rather than put it out first chance for the winger to try something. This is nice, and a change compared to most other Barcelona midfielders, who are too satisfied finding the winger or the full back early.

It can be said that he was playing too safely, I would somewhat agree, but his history needs to be taken into account, as well as the game scenario. He was the most secure player on the pitch dare I say, while at the same time also being one of those looking for threatening solutions, some hint of a spark when he got the ball. Game overall was a bit boring, influenced by silly mistakes and bad quality from Balde, Lenglet, Busquets(!!), Depay, Torres and Aubameyang. Gavi, who is almost a regular, played OKish, but clearly on at least one level below Puig in this game.

Home of Barca Fans