Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

Puig had an unusually quiet game yesterday. With these 45 minutes he has almost played 90 minutes total since 5th of January, in those minutes he scored one nice goal on his own, and scored another goal that was disallowed because Garcia was offside and sabotaged the play!

He now gets criticized here for playing too many short passes. Comparison to Gavi, who played 90 minutes:

..........Short.......Medium.....Long.......Progressive passes......Into final third
Puig.....9/9..........10/11........2/3.................2.............................3
Gavi....22/23.......11/13........3/3.................1.............................3

So the difference was Gavi attempted more than double the short passes of Puig, while their medium and long passes were similar in total numbers despite Gavi playing double the minutes.

I think Puig hid for a bit yesterday, completely different to how he usually plays, and he went for a bit safer options with the ball mostly, not looking for the more creative solutions. He played 3 or 4 nice opening but obvious passes anyway, and showed yet again that he is of much use. He had a couple of interceptions again, only beaten by Alves (who obv. played 90) in that stat.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

We were up 3-1 for most of the time Puig played so after MATS mistake for Aspas' goal I'm sure being conservative and not making any more stupid mistakes was a high priority especially with Garcia, Lenglet, Alves, Alba as our defensive line.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Riqui Puig begins to realise that the best things for his career is to leave Barcelona. In this sense, the player has already decided to leave this summer. He wants to play regularly. [md]

Horatio

You're welcome
This lad was fed with silver spoon. Never had to step out of comfort zone. Based on this elaborate analysis the logical conclusion is that leaving Barca is too high of a threshold for him i.e. will stay.

MTL_Barca

Riqui Puig begins to realise that the best things for his career is to leave Barcelona. In this sense, the player has already decided to leave this summer. He wants to play regularly. [md]

So now he suddenly begins to realize that? :lol:

Should've left a long time ago, maybe could've even gotten some decent offers back then.

Home of Barca Fans