Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

Wee reminder..

Riqui Squeaks in 20/21 was 15th for chances created.. same as Braithwaite.
Riqui Squeaks in 21/22 was 20th for key chances created... the same as the back up GK Neto.

These are per 90.

Oh how Barca miss this lads creativity on the pitch.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Puig seems to have a crap mentality, how can you waste your best years in MLS??

Im sure there are B/C level teams in europe who would buy him but looks like he plays rather in MLS than here

Bobo32

Stylistic trait that can also look amateurish if it's not backed up by having great understanding of the game.

I hope you don't believe Puig would reach those numbers had he taken Xavi's place in the XI.
Please remind yourself again that I hold Xavi as the no 1 midfielder of all time. Of course he could play much more creatively and more daring if he wanted to, but he didn't, especially not in his greatest years. His assists in those years came as a result of him not looking for the final ball all the time, and the team trusting him and his vision completely. Please take a look for Ibra's quote regarding Xavi in his thread.
I am absolutely certain that Puig would reach a lot higher numbers than you'd think, had he taken Xavi's place there. I am just as sure that the team would be (much) worse with Puig rather than Xavi. I believe that if Puig had taken Iniesta's place in that XI, he would be the one making a lot of assists, and I think the team could've been on about the same level.

JamDav1982

Puig and assists..

He was on same chances created per 90 as Neto in his last season at Barca in league and in MLS players who flopped in Scotland assist more than him.

Puigs passing and vision at Barca was pathetic vast majority of time.

Calma with the delusion.

Iniesta Ultra

Puig was only given 475 minutes, five matches worth, in his last Barca season. Judging a player given minimal trash minutes is half decent troll for the meatheads here though.

Iniesta Ultra

I'm still waiting for his big transfer (City, Liverpool etc) as a correction of how Barca made the big mistake of letting him go.

If you put this in your signature you wouldn't have to post it every week.

Should be ashamed of your appeal to authority fallacy as well, you should never feign stupidity to 'support' your ideas.

Bobo32

Just look at that pass from the last game that was linked ITT (in this thread) and ask yourself how often you see passes like that, on ANY level. It doesn't happen that often, and this was from Puig, one of FC Barcelonas (the team most of you claim to support) own products.
If Puig has some flaws to his game that make him unwanted by the absolute greatest teams in the world, so be it! I don't care about it. I enjoy watching him play like that, just as I enjoyed fat Ronaldinho nutmeg players in exhibition games. He is a creative genius - MLS might not be the best league in the world, but look at how he plays over there, despite him being very small, weak, and perhaps a little bit slow compared to most opponents there! He is also a product of la masias vision the way it was when at its best, you can't deny that. Perhaps you can say that he didn't fulfill the vision, but he is obviously a product of it, with his movement, impulses and so on.

I would say I am sorry for possibly contributing to making you feel this way about him, but alas I am not sorry. I think to be honest that you are a bit of despicable persons, letting hate manifest through you in that way. You are obviously a bit stupid, but to have so little curiousness, so little sense of wonder... It is sad to see!
Why not just enjoy him playing well over there?

Bobo32

Puig is not slow. When he dribbles full speed defenders rarely catch up to him, unless it's a pro yellow foul to stop him.
Some of the most stupid posters here and elsewhere would compare him to these athletic americans with perhaps a better 30m dash and stuff like this and say he is a bit slow - despite st. Johan having told them already 30 years ago that it is all about when you start your run etc.

I mean they complained about his abs and stuff like this, and saw a picture of Pedri (what a once in a lifetime talent btw!) lifting up his biceps from behind while oiled up in the gym and creamed their pants. Let's be honest, Puig isn't the most athletic player in the world, his strengths are elsewhere. But I would certainly make him work in my team, I am absolutely certain, his quickness and agility is great, especially when seen in a free-flowing game like football.

Home of Barca Fans