Mavericky Puig

Iniesta Ultra

He won't cut it against any half decent midfield, he is sooo easy to bully.

Hope I'm wrong

I think you're wrong. I think of all the young players he has the most golden era Barca dna in his play. But I also think players of his sophistication can be hindered by not being surrounded by players of equal sophistication, obviously with the Bartomeu and Koeman disaster and ensuing inertia we've lost a lot of that sophistication. I think the same explains the downgrade in Busquets as his linking ability's gone down without the teammates of previous years.

Even though Nico's performed really well I don't see him as Barca dna, more like the ugly but effective Chelsea style. Of course in such troubled times beggars can't be choosers I still want to see Barca and Xavi aim to bring us back to the sophistication of the past.

I think a midfield of Gavi left, Puig right, and Busquets or De Jong middle would be our best option right now.

Iniesta Ultra

He won't cut it against any half decent midfield, he is sooo easy to bully.

Hope I'm wrong

I think you're wrong. I think of all the young players he has the most golden era Barca dna in his play. But I also think players of his sophistication can be hindered by not being surrounded by players of equal sophistication, obviously with the Bartomeu and Koeman disaster and ensuing inertia we've lost a lot of that sophistication. I think the same explains the downgrade in Busquets as his linking ability's gone down without the teammates of previous years.

Even though Nico's performed really well I don't see him as Barca dna, more like the ugly but effective Chelsea style. Of course in such troubled times beggars can't be choosers I still want to see Barca and Xavi aim to bring us back to the sophistication of the past.

I think a midfield of Gavi left, Puig right, and Busquets or De Jong middle would be our best option right now.

Tackle

He is being passed up by players half a decade younger than him. Time to make something of his career, and soon.

Nazario1985

I hate judging a player as a whole, but today he would had NO chance.

The rain would have ate 5cm from his already inexistent height and Sevilla players would have bullied him like a school boy.

ajnotkeith

The time has come where he really must look elsewhere or he will be out of football soon. 4 successive managers don't trust him and he hasn't played regular football since the B team.

The game against Boca seems to have done nothing to sway Xavi and on a serious note, the best thing for his career would be to seek a loan or permanent move. Even with a big section of fans lobbying for him, connections in the club with the president who threatened Koeman if he didn't play him, he still barely sees a minute.

Going to some other first division club and proving he can be a starter there and perhaps beef up his physique a bit could help him get in favour if he came back after a loan.

Windhook

SPORT reports that his price is just 10m, not on the transfer list, but the club wouldn't mind selling him. With Pedri's return he'll be way back on the bench.

Bobo32

30 players have started in official games for FC Barcelona this season. Riqui Puig is not one of them...
He started in the mighty Maradona cup though and was arguably the best player on the pitch. His understanding with Alves was so nice to see.
A shame if I never get to see him start 4-5 games in a row for Barcelona, together with Busquets (and Messi, but that's too late)

Home of Barca Fans