Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

Sanz coming on before him is humiliating.

Barca risked forfeiting the game had a senior player been sent off with Sanz on. That is how much wee Riqui was ignored.

George_Costanza

I think that this was his best performance all season.

WTF Puig didn't even play tonight, and this toxic Calcutta is posing on this thread more than threads for players who actually played tonight :lol:

It seems that you and JamSnitch actively have shit stored up, ready to post for when he does play or when he doesn't.

Man, STFU!

Bobo32

We missed the control he brought vs Mallorca. He should have come on for Gavi earlier.

Yeah, looked like it would've been a good sub.
Then there was an option after the red, but Xavi chose Sanz instead, saying after the game that "we had to control the game. Alvaro doesn't lose balls and we needed him."
Sanz played 2 passes and no he didn't lose the ball. I don't know if he did much else...

Gavi had tried 36 passes and succeeded 89%
Nico tried 44 passes and succeeded 82%
Puig played 69 passes last game and succeeded 95,7%

It does feel like Xavi doesn't trust Puig and that he made him the scapegoat for the pretty terrible wednesday performance.
I still trust Puig, but this was a game that made me trust Xavi less. Not only because of this of course; Luuk, Dembele, Depay and the entire game plan were other factors. The honeymoon is reaching its end too, he is soon going to have to take full responsibility for the mentality of his team in the late stages of games, Granada was pushing for a long time and they shouldn't be allowed to.

JamDav1982

WTF Puig didn't even play tonight, and this toxic Calcutta is posing on this thread more than threads for players who actually played tonight :lol:

It seems that you and JamSnitch actively have shit stored up, ready to post for when he does play or when he doesn't.

Man, STFU!

GeorgeTheNonce.

Indeed Xavi did not put Puig on.

That says more than one of his shitty performances.

Sorry nonce but thats the way it is.

George_Costanza

GeorgeTheNonce.

We have a game against Real on Wednesday, let me have a REAL MAN bet with you. If he doesn't play that game I would stop posting here till the end of the season. But if he play, you stop posting in this thread till the end of the season. It seems that you are so confident of Xavi's decision. It's a win for you.

Can you act like a man for once and walk the talk?

Porque

Wasn't the right move when we went down to 10 men, but could have been considered before.

Sanz isn't a bad player per say, and the goal was from a corner. But he is not a midfielder who is going to offer you anything offensively to try and alleviate the pressure.

JamDav1982

We have a game against Real on Wednesday, let me have a REAL MAN bet with you. If he doesn't play that game I would stop posting here till the end of the season. But if he play, you stop posting in this thread till the end of the season. It seems that you are so confident of Xavi's decision. It's a win for you.

Can you act like a man for once and walk the talk?

Haha what kind of bet is that?

That Puig may play a min in a Super Cup game?

REAL MAN bet!

That how low the Puig expectations have got.

Lets make a bet on the future of Puig and how Xavi rates him.

ajnotkeith

Tbh him choosing Sanz over Puig shocked me. He obv doesn't rate Puig that high but several players were on a yellow and another red would have meant a loss, yet he thought the difference between Sanz and Puig was big enough to risk it in that situation.

Porque

Tbh him choosing Sanz over Puig shocked me. He obv doesn't rate Puig that high but several players were on a yellow and another red would have meant a loss, yet he thought the difference between Sanz and Puig was big enough to risk it in that situation.

It also shows that Xavi is thinking defensively first in match closeout situations. Cant argue too much against that with 10 men, but in theory Puig could have found more outlets to Depay and Abde to counter.

But would Puig have achieved that if at that moment the rest of the team had stopped running?

iniestaGOAT

I wasnt thinking of this bruh puig in the mud. No manager rates him.

Bobo32

Wasn't the right move when we went down to 10 men, but could have been considered before.

Sanz isn't a bad player per say, and the goal was from a corner. But he is not a midfielder who is going to offer you anything offensively to try and alleviate the pressure.

I think it could've been the right move there too.
The bold move, that he could've gotten away with too, would've been to rest Depay again btw. Dembele, who had a terrible game, was at least offering SOMETHING, and it could be more so when down to 10.

Just checking some statistics after Xavis little remark (that sounded almost a bit spiteful against Puig).
Puig is at the highest pass completion of the team (94,2%) and he attempts the third most passes per minute after Lenglet and Alba (77,2) this season.

Gavi is on 88,1% and 48,3 (14th in the squad in terms of passes attempted per minute)
Nico is on 89,7% and 56,3 (18th)
Frenkie on 89,9% and 59,8 (11th)
Sanz missed 2 of his 11 passes in his earlier la liga appearance, 81,8%

I want the midfielders to be on >90% preferably, Puig has been in all but 2 of his 11 games this season. 88% is decent enough too of course.
I think Gavi, Nico and Frenkie are very much decent midfielders, but I do not think they have played perfectly, and I don't think Puig is beneath them.

George_Costanza

Haha what kind of bet is that?

That Puig may play a min in a Super Cup game?

REAL MAN bet!

That how low the Puig expectations have got.

Lets make a bet on the future of Puig and how Xavi rates him.

This was your reply not mine.
GeorgeTheNonce.

Now you can't even bet on something you are so sure about.

Knowing your beta personality I actually knew you won't bet. You remind me of a movie character, the servant of Lord Voldemort with rat-like features in the Harry Potter series.

nrv43kluzt.jpg

Home of Barca Fans