Maxwell

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I really hate how a lot of Cules have turned their back on Maxwell...

He's currently being criminally underrated and I don't mind him staring the CL at all, he will provide an extra outlet in attack. He has better chemistry with the Barca attackers than Adriano ...

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
look at him in defense though.... look at the league game vs madrid when he came on....

Yes his defense is not solid, but judging from the past 2 games maybe we need to risk it a little more vs Madrid, sacrifice a bit of defense for a bit more offense.... the way I see it we need an away goal vs Madrid and I'd take a 1-1 or a 2-2 over a 0-0...

Also the best form of defense is offense, we keep the pressure on them we won't need to defend as much...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Maxwell is a more composed player than Adriano, but the key thing is Adriano's pace. Plenty of times he was able to outspring CR, if you're able to do that you've basically neutralized his whole game. The only reason he scored was because the centre backs got sucked across and Adriano had to challenge CR in the air, no contest.

Maxwell will have a tough night pace wise.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Maxwell is a more composed player than Adriano, but the key thing is Adriano's pace. Plenty of times he was able to outspring CR, if you're able to do that you've basically neutralized his whole game. The only reason he scored was because the centre backs got sucked across and Adriano had to challenge CR in the air, no contest.

Maxwell will have a tough night pace wise.

That's when you adjust the tactics a bit, have someone like Keita or Mascherano in midfield to cover for Maxwell and keep an eye for CR9 throughout the game. I really believe Maxwell will give Madrid headaches in the final third, he's very technical and links very very well with our MVP, he plays those defense splitting one-twos very well which we desperately lack atm. Like I said before maybe he will leave a bit more exposed a back than Adriano or Puyol, but we should be looking for goals at the Santiago, and that should be the primary concern IMO...

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
What a Legend . He was injured but Pep already made 3 substitutes so he decided to keep on playing .

Great great performance . hats off Maxwell.

W

woobie

Haven't heard anything yet, Flavia. hopefully it's nothing serious.

(LOVE LOVE LOVE your new avatar!)

Home of Barca Fans