Maxwell

barca96

another solid game.
however i noticed that he doesn't really have an understanding with keita. not the 1st time that i noticed it.

fcbarcatenerife

I wish Maxwell would get more credit for the tremendous job he's done for us this season. He just looks like a professional out there, he does what he's asked, plays within his limits, respects the team concept. With the injuries to Alves and Abidal this season he has really been vital to our success.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i predict he'll score at least 6 goals next year. he'll rival alves in goal stats. :D

Alves enjoys the privilege of taking a major share of the free kicks, now competing with him even then would be asking a bit too much, that too from an occasional starter you see

7Skies

But Maxwell is fucking solid, that's what I love about him. Plays FOR THE TEAM, no fuss, frills, complaints. His attitude and confidence is awesome to see.

samg85

I wonder what happened to all the haters. Someday I'll shall look back and quote but I'll leave that for another day.

Deltaboy663

I wonder what happened to all the haters. Someday I'll shall look back and quote but I'll leave that for another day.

Let me be the first to admit, I used to be one of those haters, but his performance, mentality and professionalism has absolutely won me over, however I would still want Abidal to play in that position when 100% fit. Over all Maxwell has been a pleasant surprise this season.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
regarding his professionalism you guys are going a li'l over board, he is signed only as a back up so if he starts complaining then he'd look pretty stupid;)

I was one of those who didn't pretty much like the idea of buying Maxwell, not because of his game but because of his age and never liked the idea of having him back up a player of the same age. I wanted some one to be an under study for Abidal... But immediately it struck me that this is after all a bait to try and sign Ibra and ultimately it turned out true :D

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
But immediately it struck me that this is after all a bait to try and sign Ibra
Eh?

He will have surely helped settle Ibra in Barcelona but we needed a LB when Sylvinho went. Filipe's fee was too high and Maxwell has EVERYTHING to succeed in this Barcelona team without a heavy price tag. And he is proving it right now.

Aasim

Bumbleman
He is definately Barca's signing of the season. Ibra second.

Maxwell just seems like he's been here for ages. Knows how we play and just does it. I don't thnk it's because he played for Ajax, although that experience has helped him integrate into the starting line up. I think it's due to him having a good footballing brain and also because he's comfortable on the ball and doesn't mind recieving it in tight situations.

Home of Barca Fans