Mehdi Benatia

JamDav1982

Halilovic is a great signing indeed, but the opinions about Ter Stegen are still divided, let's first see how he performs at at topclub like Barca. Let's not forget that the combined cost of Ter Stegen and Bravo will supposedly be 25M, for that price we almost can buy a Courtois. But anyway, that's for another thread.

But which other high-profile experienced CBs are on the market? I'm curious which ones you'd like to sign. We can't forget that this summer is an extremely crucial one, considering we still have that FIFA-ban hanging over our head for the next transfer-window.

Ter Stegen and Bravo combined 25m?

Where are you getting that from? It will barely touch 20m and signing Courtois or not (would not have got him for 25m) the club would still have needed an experienced number 2 keeper.

Galning

Because Zubi can't get any deal done? (except the ones that no one wants, like Bravo ;))

What's the irony about that?

The irony is that you're complaining about somebody not being able to do his job well enough and then go on and do the exact same thing.

Bertus

Google media sources from last summer and they state 5/6m euors net.
There are only guesses as far as i know from just before he signed.

Even when France Football and anotherb magazine that i forgot the name put up the ranking of the psg players salaries in 2013/14, there was a "?" beside Marquinhos name.

JamDav1982

There are only guesses as far as i know from just before he signed.

Even when France Football and another magazine that i forgot the name put up the ranking of the psg players salaries in 2013/14, there was a "?" beside Marquinhos name.

They are from after he signed and are fairly standard for players costing as much as he did.

Tomchin

The irony is that you're complaining about somebody not being able to do his job well enough and then go on and do the exact same thing.
Uhm what? Since when am I the sporting director of Barca and getting paid millions to get some transfers done? ;)

Bertus

They are from after he signed and are fairly standard for players costing as much as he did.
Ok, well, believe what you want, all i know is that it was reported on the french radio he earned about as much as Digne in 2013, and we know Digne earns 3M.

Also, in France, there's no law that force clubs to publish players salaries. So unless we got our hands on the contract like we did with Lavezzi, we don't know for sure and FF did seek for marcos salary and didnt find a good source since it forced them to just put a "?".

On my side, i don't believe that 19yo marcos earns more than Alex and Pastore, sorry.

And pastore did cost more than Marcos if you base all your numbers on transfer fees.

JamDav1982

Ter Stegen costs 12M. Bravo's release-clause is 30M, but it's rumoured that Barca will be able to get him for 12M. Let's hope it's a lot less than that.

The reports for Bravo are saying 9m and if he is on low wages - which I would guess he will be - it may not be that bad a transfer as first appears.

Galning

Uhm what? Since when am I the sporting director of Barca and getting paid millions to get some transfers done? ;)

Generic you... You weren't complaining about Zubi and then going on to say we should just give players and clubs whatever they ask for, which was at whom my original post was directed at.

Home of Barca Fans