Mehdi Benatia

Howes

He's just making a point about how inflated transfer fees are, and that Benetia is worth said inflated transfer fee

Bertus

To end this discussion about oils clubs.

Despite oïl clubs existence, it didn't stop RM to get Varane. Didn't stop Roma to get Benatia.

Hell, even PSG got Alex for 4M euros. Don't tell me he was too bad for Barcelona too. He did wonders for PSG this season.

Sure, oïl clubs can be attacked, but can't be responsible for how some clubs have sometimes horrible management.

Not even talking about clubs like Dortmund that always find great players despite oïl clubs and despite Bayern always trying to get their best players.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona have no one else to blame for their current situation but themselves. Over 4 years of mismanagement, bureaucracy and incompetence.

People might very well be right criticizing Oils clubs for their part in the market inflation, but do not use it as an excuse for Barcelona not getting players. The fault is their own.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The above being said, If Barcelona truly wants Benatia, I still think he can be had. Barca needs to put on their big boy pants, and give Roma a strong enough offer to at least unsettle Benatia and his agent enough for them to start causing trouble for Roma and force their hand.

A €40-45m bid is a strong enough statement to get the ball rolling for Benatia and his agent who very clearly want to move on to bigger and better things.

The above being said, If Barcelona truly wants Benatia, I still think he can be had. Barca needs to put on their big boy pants, and give Roma a strong enough offer to at least unsettle Benatia and his agent enough for them to start causing trouble for Roma and force their hand.

A €40-45m bid is a strong enough statement to get the ball rolling for Benatia and his agent who very clearly want to move on to bigger and better things.

This. We can definitely get somewhere with a 40-45m bid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Its because Man citys transfer budget is 60m due to FFP. So they are asking them to eff off really

Walter_Sabatini_54.jpg

Walter Sabatini, you legend!!! :worthy: Will you still sell to us though?

Gilberto

Yes, we should try it. He's the only player not named Thiago Silva who would be a genuine upgrade to our defense.

It isn't that difficult to find upgrades to our current defense, or are you telling me there's only 2 players who would really be better than Pique and Bartra?

ebieymjunior

It isn't that difficult to find upgrades to our current defense, or are you telling me there's only 2 players who would really be better than Pique and Bartra?

Yeah, wrongly worded there. I meant an immediate, without controversy upgrade (as in we can already tell that they'd do well).

Pepe Silvia

61m... ridiculous. But like Sumlit said a solid enough offer could do the trick. Barca like to be slow and meticulous with these sorts of things. Sometimes it can be prudent but in times when we are obviously desperate we need to be a little more aggressive in the market and reinforce that lacking defense.

Neymessi

So manc is out of the question?If it is than I don't think there is anyone left but us to bid for him unless bayern makes a surprise entry.

If benatia wants barca,then maybe 40-45m bid could do it.

Butaan4barca

if we are getting marquinhos in 15 plus alves, Then lets loan out marqunos to roma to get benetia for 25-30, they might be interested in that ...

Home of Barca Fans