Mehdi Benatia

Ursegor

World Champion
Why do people who have clearly not watched a single Roma game in their lives want him so hard? :lol: A few months ago this forum obviously didn't even know of his existence. I remember there were 0 discussions about him last summer when Barca had the same defensive desperation. Even when he moved for € 13M no one said "OMG, we lost a gem, I'm so pissed". Until December 2013 this thread had a whooping 2 pages. It's so obvious people are just name-dropping the recent hype it's not even funny. :lol:

What people don't know is that the effect of Rudi Garcia on defenders is compareable to Simeone on Miranda and Godin. If you don't believe me then ask Lille fans about their league winning season under Garcia where Adil "on loan with option to buy at AC Milan" Rami and freaking Galatasaray legend Chedjou were the centerback partnership and boasting the 2nd best defensive record in the league. :lol:

Paying € 50M for Benatia would be like spending € 50M on Godin. Except that Godin is actually proven at a higher level and knows the league.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Why do people who have clearly not watched a single Roma game in their lives want him so hard? :lol: A few months ago this forum obviously didn't even know of his existence. I remember there were 0 discussions about him last summer when Barca had the same defensive desperation. Even when he moved for € 13M no one said "OMG, we lost a gem, I'm so pissed". Until December 2013 this thread had a whooping 2 pages. It's so obvious people are just name-dropping the recent hype it's not even funny. :lol:

What people don't know is that the effect of Rudi Garcia on defenders is compareable to Simeone on Miranda and Godin. If you don't believe me then ask Lille fans about their league winning season under Garcia where Adil "on loan with option to buy at AC Milan" Rami and freaking Galatasaray legend Chedjou were the centerback partnership and boasting the 2nd best defensive record in the league. :lol:

Paying € 50M for Benatia would be like spending € 50M on Godin. Except that Godin is actually proven at a higher level and knows the league.

attachment.php

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

tumblr_mrxdyzZNKD1sg5gwjo2_250.gif

Trickykid

Yes, yes, YES!

Truthist

If he leaves, I'll be fucking pissed at Zubi and co for not getting him.
Is Zubi really to blame here? I'm as big a critic aa the next guy but this is Lucho's vision and ideas. It's Lucho that's interested in Cuadrado, Marquinhos etc. Zubi simply acts on the instructions and negotiates with the club.

ivan_barca

Is Zubi really to blame here? I'm as big a critic aa the next guy but this is Lucho's vision and ideas. It's Lucho that's interested in Cuadrado, Marquinhos etc. Zubi simply acts on the instructions and negotiates with the club.

Finally a guy who realize how the things are going to...Why is so hard for the others?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ah, I don't think we'll buy any CBs. They prolly think that Martinez, Badstuber, Boateng, Dante are sufficient for 3 CB positions... -.-
But then I'm generally pessimistic concerning Bayern's transfers.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Seriously, this is how the hype-machine works. He was very inconsistent at Udinese, one good season at Roma and now everybody's maaad. If we buy him, it will be a flop

Funny how you voted for Benatia in the "Which CB would you buy" poll. But I guess now that the board aren't going after him, they must be right. After all, they never get anything wrong. Especially not with CBs.

Last edited:

Alarcón

I said something similar a few weeks ago and people had a go at me. We'll see how good he is once he moves to the PL.

Qonny

Funny how you voted for Benatia in the "Which CB would you buy" poll. But I guess now that the board aren't going after him, they must be right. After all, they never get anything wrong. Especially not with CBs.

Jesus. Every time you write on this forum u take a hit on the board. Getting really old now.

Home of Barca Fans