Mehdi Benatia

Tomchin

There must be a reason why we don't want to sign him, considering Barca had discussions with his agent 2 months ago. Maybe he's too cocky (his comments in the press about "I want to be respected" seem to suggest that), or maybe his salary-demands are too high, or maybe they feel Roma ask too much money for a 27-y-old who doesn't have a lot of experience in the CL yet, ..., impossible to say

Trafalgar

There must be a reason why we don't want to sign him, considering Barca had discussions with his agent 2 months ago. Maybe he's too cocky (his comments in the press about "I want to be respected" seem to suggest that), or maybe his salary-demands are too high, or maybe they feel Roma ask too much money for a 27-y-old who doesn't have a lot of experience in the CL yet, ..., impossible to say

No he's not cocky, it's just that's AS Roma board didn't respect him ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He said that he rejected more lucrative offers for AS Roma, they promised him a raise if he did well. He just want that.

Antimadridista1

Roma ask a lot of money for him, and our board don't want to splash a lot of money on a centre back.
They want to pay a lot of money for a 9, or a winger, but for a centre back they don't want to pay more than 30m.

And Roma want more than 35m for Benatia.

Cule4life

The Culest
Roma ask a lot of money for him, and our board don't want to splash a lot of money on a centre back.
They want to pay a lot of money for a 9, or a winger, but for a centre back they don't want to pay more than 30m.

And Roma want more than 35m for Benatia.

Do you even barca? We bid 40m for Marquinhos...
I guess if Benatia ends up staying then he might not be for sale and i might forgive Zubi. But if he moves to another club.......

Alarcón

I don't know what people have against Marquinhos. I watched him when he was at Roma and he was phenomenal in a really shit team.

Galning

Do you even barca? We bid 40m for Marquinhos...
I guess if Benatia ends up staying then he might not be for sale and i might forgive Zubi. But if he moves to another club.......

Not really. We offered them 30M and insane wages/nobody wants me Dani Alves. After they rejected that offer Barça didn't bother offering €40M.

Anti is right when he says Barça doesn't want to spend more than 30-35M on a defender. We lost Marquinhos to PSG over an extra 5, we lost Thiago Silva the same way,... Call me when Barça make a 40M+ offer for a defender. Then you're able to tell people "do you even Barça". And even then it would be a first.

Not really. We offered them 30M and insane wages/nobody wants me Dani Alves. After they rejected that offer Barça didn't bother offering €40M.

Anti is right when he says Barça doesn't want to spend more than 30-35M on a defender. We lost Marquinhos to PSG over an extra 5, we lost Thiago Silva the same way,... Call me when Barça make a 40M+ offer for a defender. Then you're able to tell people "do you even Barça". And even then it would be a first.

We bid 30M + Alves and then bid 40m. Both bids were rejected. I believe that's what the French media was reporting.

Bertus

Le_Parisien talked about 40M during a chat with visitors.

And http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10354-Marquinhos?p=1267195&viewfull=1#post1267195

SPORT themselves reported at one point that Nasser just ignored a 40M bid.

Dunno why they changed their story later, but they did. I remember it since as you see, i post all their news.

Dunno where the truth lies. But I just report what is said.

Galning

Le_Parisien talked about 40M during a chat with visitors.

And http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10354-Marquinhos?p=1267195&viewfull=1#post1267195

SPORT themselves reported at one point that Nasser just ignored a 40M bid.

Dunno why they changed their story later, but they did. I remember it since as you see, i post all their news.

You do? Haven't noticed that :p

That said, still don't think we'll sign a defender for 40M+. At least not with this board. I honestly think it's just going to be Mathieu and maybe a lesser known centre back but definitely no Marquinhos or Benatia.

Bertus

We lost Marquinhos to PSG over an extra 5.

Also, you can't know that. In late 2013 Marquinhos revealed during an interview to the french Tv channel TF1 that Barcelona never did any bid on Marquinhos. Roma didn't get any offer, same about Marcos' agent.

You do? Haven't noticed that :p

That said, still don't think we'll sign a defender for 40M+. At least not with this board. I honestly think it's just going to be Mathieu and maybe a lesser known centre back but definitely no Marquinhos or Benatia.

We seem to be pretty obsessed with Marquinhos. The reason we won't get him is not the price, but because PSG won't sell at any price. I'm sure we'd sign him if PSG were willing to sell for, say, 45m.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans