Mehdi Benatia

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Manchester City bid for Benatia rejected

Manchester City have reportedly had a first bid for Roma centre-back Mehdi Benatia turned down by the capital club.

The 27-year-old has made clear in recent days that he is unhappy with the Giallorossi over a perceived ‘low offer’ to renew his contract, following an impressive first season with the club on the field.

Links away have subsequently grown and Premier League side Manchester City have been increasingly reported as leading interest in the defender.

Sky Sport Italia report that this interest has now developed into an offer, but that a reputed tabled amount of between €26m and €28m has been turned down by Roma.

Gianluca Di Marzio’s website is leading reports that the capital club have no intent of selling Benatia and that sporting director Walter Sabatini will make this clear in Saturday’s scheduled news conference.

And people were saying that Benatia to City is almost done deal...

Crixus

Bo2w0-rIAAA0nyk.jpg

Roma wants more money , Chelsea made an offer 18m pound + Lukaku , other source say that Roma will make presser tomorrow to announce that Benatia wont leave this summer .

H

Haruko The Goon

18m pound + Lukaku. Doubt it.

If Lukaku goes, and Torres leaves. They'll have 0 strikers. Unless it's a loan.

Co0ter

Benatia's mind seems pretty focused on his salary, not a good sign when Man City can offer twice the wages we can. Shouldn't be hard to lure him with a decent salary though, he still makes under 3mil so anything 4 or greater is a huge improvement.

Galning

Benatia's mind seems pretty focused on his salary, not a good sign when Man City can offer twice the wages we can. Shouldn't be hard to lure him with a decent salary though, he still makes under 3mil so anything 4 or greater is a huge improvement.

They can't, they have a wage cap. So unless they intend to sell one of their big earners we can offer just as much as City.

H

Haruko The Goon

They can't, they have a wage cap. So unless they intend to sell one of their big earners we can offer just as much as City.

Barry/Lescott/Richards/Pantilimon/Wright are all leaving this summer. Probably around £400,000 a week there. Oh and If I'm not mistaken, it's only for the CL.

Milner was set to leave, but instead they're changing his pay.. from £120,000 a week, to 50,000 a week, and just giving him a massive signing on fee.

That's a simple way to get round that salary ban/cap.

Tomchin

Apparently he told the roma-press that he is staying? Good news if true that he won't join City, then we can sign him in 2015 when we have a competent sporting director aka Puyol

Bertus

And people were saying that Benatia to City is almost done deal...
Cavani's transfer to MU or Chelsea was also a done deal 1 month ago.

So far, nothing happened. Instead, Nasser said he won't move and Cavani said 2 days ago that PSG was the best club ever to him (i summarize lol)

If it's not officially done, then it's not done. Good lesson here again.

Apparently he told the roma-press that he is staying? Good news if true that he won't join City, then we can sign him in 2015 when we have a competent sporting director aka Puyol
It doesn't mean anything IMO.

Roma is not an oïl club or particulary rich club.

If somebody offers 40M euros, I'm sure they will sell him.

That makes me even more sad since i read today that PSG spent 49M + 10M bonus on David Luiz *puke*

Last edited:
F

Flavia

How reliable is Il Messagero? According to them Benatia said there's 99% chance he'll stay at Roma.

dodiest

@OfficialASRoma: #Sabatini: "Personally I think 30 million is the value of Benatia's weak foot"

@OfficialASRoma: #Sabatini: "If Benatia's weak foot is worth 30 million then the total price would be 61 million"

@OfficialASRoma: #Sabatini: "Benatia is not for sale, unless someone comes to us with an offer of 61 million"

@OfficialASRoma: #Sabatini: "We'll add to our roster with our European campaign in mind. We need two for each position, and three in some cases"

Home of Barca Fans