Memphis Depay

Windhook

In my mind no doubt the best transfer the club has made since Suarez in 2014. Started scoring from day one and he's playing like has always been part of the club. I guess he's familiar with Koeman's approach from their time in Netherlands.

Laplacian

In my mind no doubt the best transfer the club has made since Suarez in 2014. Started scoring from day one and he's playing like has always been part of the club. I guess he's familiar with Koeman's approach from their time in Netherlands.

TBH, Coutinho started out like this when he came here as well. I honestly doubt he'll follow the same path considering he just oozes confidence. Could be the best attacking transfer since 2014. God bless Koeman and the Dutch connection.

HanDW

Imagine being so miserable that you're hoping for signings to fail to get some attention on internet forums.

Bobo32

All I see are justifications and being afraid that you are wrong. You are on full hopium that he fails here.

Ok, no.
If he plays as he does now, he needs the goals to justify his performance.
If he improves a bit, or if he keeps scoring, I wouldn't be too hard on him, and since Messi left, somebody needs to play with some risk (although not quite as much as Depay does currently)
If he doesn't improve, and he stops scoring for a few weeks, and maybe loses his temper a bit more, then it will be interesting to see the tone. I think it is pretty likely that this will happen, but I see no awareness of it here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ok, no.
If he plays as he does now, he needs the goals to justify his performance.
If he improves a bit, or if he keeps scoring, I wouldn't be too hard on him, and since Messi left, somebody needs to play with some risk (although not quite as much as Depay does currently)
If he doesn't improve, and he stops scoring for a few weeks, and maybe loses his temper a bit more, then it will be interesting to see the tone. I think it is pretty likely that this will happen, but I see no awareness of it here.

There is no awareness because you are clueless. There, I said it. Read and understand.

Of course he won't score in every game - others have to step up. However, he brings significant attacking intent even without the goals. I agree that he can do better and expect him to improve.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Kind of crazy that are you camped in this thread while your boy Busquets has been stinking up the pitch for the umpteenth time. But hey , the guy had a 90% percent passing accuracy so who cares.

Last edited:

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcWzriTVMow

Here is his game today.
For a 'strong guy' he is lying on the grass quite a lot...
Other than the goal, which was very nice obviously, I don't see a lot of positives. If you want to, you could timestamp the actions that you think were good or great.

I agree though, that so far his start at the club can be said to be pretty good.

jairzinho

Our best attacker so far, Greizmann doesn't come close. The goal was top quality and he always creates danger unlike Greizmann who doesn't do anything at all attacking wise, just struts around doing absolutely nothing.

behindbrowneyes

Referees are mistreating him and whistling fouls against him just because he is bulky and makes his opponents a hard time with his stature.

Bobo32

Our best attacker so far, Greizmann doesn't come close. The goal was top quality and he always creates danger unlike Greizmann who doesn't do anything at all attacking wise, just struts around doing absolutely nothing.

This I agree with
At least he brings something, unlike Greaseman who has almost the same failrate but who only tries to play safely.
There are indirect positives with Depay attempting to shoot, dribble and find the difficult options. With Messi gone, I am more positive towards him even though I dislike his style.

Co0ter

LOL @ the same whiny cunts still complaining about Depay, our FREE TRANSFER because we are absolutely broke, even after he is playing well, showing signs of integrating quickly and being a clear attacking threat.

Hoping our players fail just because you dont want to be wrong. Pathetic.

Bobo32

LOL @ the same whiny cunts still complaining about Depay, our FREE TRANSFER because we are absolutely broke, even after he is playing well, showing signs of integrating quickly and being a clear attacking threat.

Hoping our players fail just because you dont want to be wrong. Pathetic.

^
This post isn't whiny and isn't misrepresenting what has been posted :rolleyes:

SmilerBam

I will hopefully take the L if he continues like this.We need someone to perform well in attack, because we literally have nothing in the forward line. Braithwaithe is Mr. Average, GriezzyBoy is Mr. Cardioman, Fati is an unknown quantity at this moment and Aguero is injured anyway 90% of the time.

cracken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcWzriTVMow

Here is his game today.
For a 'strong guy' he is lying on the grass quite a lot...
Other than the goal, which was very nice obviously, I don't see a lot of positives. If you want to, you could timestamp the actions that you think were good or great.

I agree though, that so far his start at the club can be said to be pretty good.

You're looking for positives beyond scoring the winning goal? what do you want more from a forward?

You were wrong about him, just admit it and move on.

Home of Barca Fans