Memphis Depay

serghei

He's class but the way we're starting to bow down to him is going to get to his head. He's great as long as he keeps his head on straight. He can easily go the buffoon way if he's not careful.

Right now it's dangerous how far ahead of his teammates in offense he is, without even breaking a sweat and without any adaptation period.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's class but the way we're starting to bow down to him is going to get to his head. He's great as long as he keeps his head on straight. He can easily go the buffoon way if he's not careful.

I don't think that will happen. He's learned from his Man Utd experience.

He might start to get frustrated at having to carry this attack though.

serghei

I don't think that will happen. He's learned from his Man Utd experience.

He might start to get frustrated at having to carry this attack though.

Let's hope so. Because I really like his profile. Once again another proof that it's dumb to think the only way to sign class offensive players is to break the bank with 100m+ signings.

Our two best offensive players are Depay and Ansu. Both free.

Kul_z

Let's hope so. Because I really like his profile. Once again another proof that it's dumb to think the only way to sign class offensive players is to break the bank with 100m+ signings.

Our two best offensive players are Depay and Ansu. Both free.

Break the bank on haaland, not dembeles, coutinhos and especially griezyboys. Cant believe we splashed that amount on someone who's numbers are not top notch in their position. 100+m for someone who scores 30+ goals a season, 15+assists - yes. Splashing 100+m on players that have similar traits like players you lost/sold and nothing else is what small clubs do. Imagine if we didnt splashed 600m on three players(including salaries)

You cant replace iniesta, neymar, xavi. you need to find another way/profile to adjust or uplift the current squad.

For now, id only break the bank for haaland if its possible, because hes a freak, tank, banging hattricks and its young. I remember when we bought dembele, i was like who the fuck is this guy and why is he so expensive. Now i know

Joan

Hindsight is 20/20. Yes, some of it could've been aovided, but Coutinho was a world class player back then and Dembele was thought to be a great talent. Check the old poll and see that half of the forum thought he'd end up better than Mbappe. Griezmann was a more obvious misfit, due to various reasons as we see now. Let's not delude ourselves we cannot be wrong again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hindsight is 20/20. Yes, some of it could've been aovided, but Coutinho was a world class player back then and Dembele was thought to be a great talent. Check the old poll and see that half of the forum thought he'd end up better than Mbappe. Griezmann was a more obvious misfit, due to various reasons as we see now. Let's not delude ourselves we cannot be wrong again.

Biggest issue with signing both Coutinho and Dembele have been the amount we paid for both. We overpaid so badly for both when we perhaps could have waited and gotten both for less. Like how Man Utd got Sancho for like 30-40m less than Dortmund's asking price last year.

Another issue is simply not moving on from both quickly enough. Both Coutinho and Dembele should have been sold after Anfield.

We let depreciating assets sit there until they became unsellable.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

Right now it's dangerous how far ahead of his teammates in offense he is, without even breaking a sweat and without any adaptation period.

That is because his teammates in attack are Cardioman and BraithGOAT. It's not easy to standout in mediocrity.

Kul_z

I was on dembele train, i still think he has something but not 100+m something. Same goes for coutinho. I rated him highly, was excited but the transfer fee was abominal. Griez was the most stupid transfer in recent history. I dont know, haaland is the only worthy of 100+ considering that mbappe is madrid bound.

HanDW

My man went from playing with Toko Ekambi and Kadewere to Braithwaite and Luuk de Jong.

Jaw dropping downgrade.

Devils

Now that he doesn't have to play with that flop Griezmann, we can witness Depay as the central focus of attack.

#DepayUNLEASED

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well he certainly did not expect that he would have to be pretty much a one-man attack for Barca from the get-go :lol:

All we can do is pray Ansu stays fit and keeps delivering. Would be nice if Coutinho and Dembele magically stopped being useless, but that is wishful thinking for now.

HanDW

CDbXuDcVIAAUUBD.jpg

Started from the bottom, now we're here

Home of Barca Fans