Memphis Depay

SmilerBam

I dare say.....Memphis > Hazard,
Ansu > Vini

This version of Hazard? Of course. Prime Hazard is no contest. Also, Ansu is better than Vini even in one leg, i agree. But we don't have someone as Camavinga unfortunately. Also, we don't have a forward as good as Benzema.

mc_lovin

This version of Hazard? Of course. Prime Hazard is no contest. Also, Ansu is better than Vini even in one leg, i agree. But we don't have someone as Camavinga unfortunately. Also, we don't have a forward as good as Benzema.

If there's one thing we have it's plenty of young midfield talents.

The big one is Benzema. We wouldn't be far off Madrid if everyone was fit though. Unfortunately that's a stretch at the moment.

Porque

What bad timing for a rumour of this sort to emerge. Season just started, new signing who has adapted well given the circumstances and this comes out in the media. Sometimes we are so self-destructive.

Thing is it really wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Depay is on a 2 year contract so the board may prefer to try and utilise him in a trade after a season rather than risk either losing him or a free, or having to negotiate a wage over the new structure.

If they do so, then they better have a better signing in place to replace Depay, and GK to replace ter Stegen. Both of which I doubt we do given budgets.

Oh, and De Ligt is not showing a level right now deserving of such a signing. And even if he did, only consider it if he decided to leave Raiola.

SmilerBam

If there's one thing we have it's plenty of young midfield talents.

The big one is Benzema. We wouldn't be far off Madrid if everyone was fit though. Unfortunately that's a stretch at the moment.

I think Camavinga it's gonna be a very special player, always liked him. Better talent than Pedri imo. We are a bit worse than Madrid generally,but i agree that with all fit players, the difference is minimal.They have a better coach though, even if his past his best.

Horatio

You're welcome
Real players have such hateable names: Vinicius, Camavinga, Casemiro, Hazard, Benzema, Courtois.

Modric and Kroos are normal non-pretentious common sounding names.

Messi983

What bad timing for a rumour of this sort to emerge. Season just started, new signing who has adapted well given the circumstances and this comes out in the media. Sometimes we are so self-destructive.

Thing is it really wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Depay is on a 2 year contract so the board may prefer to try and utilise him in a trade after a season rather than risk either losing him or a free, or having to negotiate a wage over the new structure.

If they do so, then they better have a better signing in place to replace Depay, and GK to replace ter Stegen. Both of which I doubt we do given budgets.

Oh, and De Ligt is not showing a level right now deserving of such a signing. And even if he did, only consider it if he decided to leave Raiola.

Was thinking the same. Besides short term contract another reason I think Laporta might want to sell Memhis next summer is Koeman leaving. Memphis alone could prefer to go elsewhere. But IF we'll offload him we'll surely sell him for something like 20-30m instead of doing those proposed swap deals which are unlikely to happen for multiple reasons. Media are constantly speculating with swaps but they very rarely happen.

For a GK position I think we could go for Onana. Would be quite a risky move though considering he probably won't play for around a year before potentially coming here so would need time to get back in form. Might not be a bad idea trying to sell/loan Neto and bring Onana in January and give him some playing time in second half of the season IF we'll really try to offload MATS next year. Easier said than done though (the MATS part).

As for Memphis replacement I think it would be Ansu and we'll bring a #9. Or if Fati is seen as a striker longterm we'll bring another winger. And Laporta still seems to have high hopes for Dembele which most of us probably can't really agree with given his injury history. But even if we'd have Ansu - a new 9 - Dembele as starters we would still have close to zero depth behind them so keeping Memphis would still make sense to me. Really depends on what offers we'd get and what would it take to renew him if he'd really want to do that.

Also, I think there isn't really a good timing for rumours about your key player leaving but surely with a season just starting a month ago and with knowledge Memphis will be crucial for us this season regardless of what happens with him then this is just stupid. Surely we can't control much of what media are saying and hopefully most players have learned to ignore constant rumours about them but tbh it wouldn't really surprise me if those speculations were actually leaked by Laporta's board.

JamDav1982

By fuck he was absolutely abysmal tonight.

His hold up play and decision making leading to far too many turnovers.

Hopeless tonight and lucky no other options as being that bad should see being hooked at HT.

freetocan

I believe that this guy is trying to do too much but not really helping in reality. Honestly I am tempted to believe that he is not a Barca man because his mentality to play. To me, like for Marco van Basten, he is not a team player. Period.
N

Home of Barca Fans