Memphis Depay

Neeraj

With players like Neymar and Memphis, they don't seem to understand that less is more. Neymar was at his most effective making runs and using his dribbling and pace in the final third to score goals. But we know how we eventually turned out.

Memphis would still be average, but decently useful if he just stuck to a simple role. He tries to do way too much and I think Koeman looks at that and goes like "well he's our only creative attacker, so might as welll..". His turnovers are just too frequent even for a mid table team.

I'd say he needs some time on the bench to reflect but.....lol.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Quiet thread.
I think his game vs Benfica, in particular the first half, was some of the worst I ever saw. Pretty much every attack ended on Depay with a silly mistake.

If you must know, he registered a 68,5% pass completion that game. Coutinho was subbed on and had 78,6%, the next worst outfield player was on 84,5%...

SmilerBam

You claimed he is best attacker in the squad.

He is. Of course, Fati's potential is much higher, but he s still young. He is our best attackee, and that says everything about our current team. Weren't you convinced we are better than Villareal? Still sure about that?

JamDav1982

He is. Of course, Fati's potential is much higher, but he s still young. He is our best attackee, and that says everything about our current team. Weren't you convinced we are better than Villareal? Still sure about that?

He isnt better than Fati or maybe even Dembele but signing him made sense as he improved options when had no cash.

Wont last long and can hopefully move on for decent cash in move that benefitted all parties.

Gnidrologist

It has become obvious that this chap can only shine against la liga minnows. His erratic opportunistic circus dribbles, flicks are easily blocked by any competent defense system. Even his supposed physicality doesn't work. He's easy shoved off the ball. Upper body musculature is for other purposes than football.

malvolio

It has become obvious that this chap can only shine against la liga minnows. His erratic opportunistic circus dribbles, flicks are easily blocked by any competent defense system. Even his supposed physicality doesn't work. He's easy shoved off the ball. Upper body musculature is for other purposes than football.
[MENTION=8887]Wambo[/MENTION] [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

probably depay doesn't train enough

Complaining about him is like blaming a contractor for an average job that he did for free

he does get payed and probably had a signing on(or loyalty) bonus, you know.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Were people really expecting him to be some kind of Messi that would carry us all season long?

Decent player and the best we have right now, actually one of the few positives under this administration.

Devils

There's not much he can do with the likes of LDJ, Roberto and Dest (who is terrible 80% of the time) being his supporting forward players.

Best we've got, but even then can't show his quality when he's surrounded absolute garbage.

Porque

We couldnt even beat Granada with Messi last season and fuelled by a Messi asado.

Depay is the least of our problems. Get him some attackers to play with ffs and then complain if he sucks.

Gnidrologist

Complaining about him is like blaming a contractor for an average job that he did for free
I'm not really complaining about him as a player or person, who took the job. Just stating my observation on what are his limits as an FC Barcelona player. I dunno, maybe he can perform better when there's well put system together and better partners in attack, but i doubt. He's just too chaotic and doesn't know when to do what. Occasional nice passes and flicks are like the Suarez dummies. They can work only seldomly.

behindbrowneyes

Won't judge him before he hasn't played with better players around him.

Right now he looks like a star player of a small country, who tries too much on his own as players around him are not on the required level. Give him Ansu and Dembele and see how it pans out. I know Dembele is far from perfect, but defenders respect him due to his pace alone. No one respects Luuk or Demir. They know they'll only have to take care of Memphis and it is game over Barca.

Home of Barca Fans