Memphis Depay

Zidane82

"Since I joined Manchester United I've gained over five kilos," he told De Telegraaf.

"And that's not fat. Only muscle mass. It's pretty bizarre. It's also due to the heavy rhythm in England. I now weigh 85 kilos.

Zidane82

This was taken from an article from 2015 !!

According to the NHS BMI index, the likes of Xherdan Shaqiri, Memphis Depay and Wilfried Bony would need to drop quite a few pounds to maintain a ?normal weight?.

Gnidrologist

His "muscle mass" does not help him to beat his man physically unlike with Adama. Only in his very first few matches i remember him muscling off defenders couple of times, but overall he looses ball, when being challenged close up every fucking time. That mass only makes him slow to react and do clumsy moves.

ajnotkeith

This was taken from an article from 2015 !!

According to the NHS BMI index, the likes of Xherdan Shaqiri, Memphis Depay and Wilfried Bony would need to drop quite a few pounds to maintain a ?normal weight?.

BMI doesn't really account for muscle mass. But too much muscle can slow you down as well.

FinBarcelonafan

BMI doesn't really account for muscle mass. But too much muscle can slow you down as well.

In football muscle might slow you down but not in 100 meters. They are usually pretty bumped.

Adama looks heavy too

But for football, Neymar's prime is probably ideal body. He could fly past defense and run for ages.

Stamina very important in football.

delancey

Out injured again.

His recovery will determine his availability. Such a pointless comment, but it sounds smart. 😅

mc_lovin

Hard to blame him for injuries and I wouldn't say he declined under Xavi. He's just the worst fit for a classic 433 of our current attacking options.

Tough luck.

ajnotkeith

He is the only player who has declined since the arrival of Xavi. He should definitely be sold this summer.

Not really, he's scored a few goals off the bench hasn't he?

As a poster said above he just doesn't fit a CF in 433 and is nothing like the winger that Xavi wants (fast, plays to the touchline, creates, presses/makes forward runs etc). Dembele and Ferran can fulfill these instructions way better and the wingers are crucial to this system.

However he can be useful as a bench option at ST.

Home of Barca Fans