Memphis Depay

JamDav1982

He's (morally) well within his rights to ask for that. He pretty much waived the benefits of being a free agent to join us and made concessions with his contract.

Within his rights to ask for whatever he wants.

So are club.

Can stay as 7th choice and barely play.

mc_lovin

Within his rights to ask for whatever he wants.

So are club.

Can stay as 7th choice and barely play.

Surely. There needs to be some compromise from both sides.

Personally I would rather terminate his contract than keep him as 7th choice, but the stakes are really not high. Could just as well keep him - quite bluntly I don't care.

FinBarcelonafan

Personally I would rather terminate his contract than keep him as 7th choice, but the stakes are really not high. Could just as well keep him - quite bluntly I don't care.

I think salary cap reasons why we need to sell some players

JamDav1982

20m makes a big difference.

It would almost cover the signings of Kessi and Christensen alone.

Of course it will be a big consideration in relation to the salary cap for this season even if doesnt in one swoop solve eveything it is a big help.

iniestaGOAT

Not sure why these dutch players want to stay as 4th 5th option during world cup year

JamDav1982

The clubs leverage is that he wont want to stay and barely play.

Can see who blinks first.

mc_lovin

20m makes a big difference.

It would almost cover the signings of Kessi and Christensen alone.

Of course it will be a big consideration in relation to the salary cap for this season even if doesnt in one swoop solve eveything it is a big help.

Yeah, I agree. But I meant looking at the big picture, we can either register them all or it's a big failure - meaning we need 1 big operation anyway.

Not that I think there's a realistic chance to get 20m though.

The clubs leverage is that he wont want to stay and barely play.

Can see who blinks first.

Not Alemany, that's for sure.

JamDav1982

Yeah, I agree. But I meant looking at the big picture, we can either register them all or it's a big failure - meaning we need 1 big operation anyway.

Not that I think there's a realistic chance to get 20m though.

That 20m will make a difference if they can get it and it is worth trying to get as much as can.. even if once window is over can use it to reduce some of the deferred salaries.

mc_lovin

That 20m will make a difference if they can get it and it is worth trying to get as much as can.. even if once window is over can use it to reduce some of the deferred salaries.

Again, I agree. I just think Memphis has a good point - hopefully we settle at 10-15m. No need to keep him at all, even if we have to make concessions. But Alemany surprised me before.

JamDav1982

Again, I agree. I just think Memphis has a good point - hopefully we settle at 10-15m. No need to keep him at all, even if we have to make concessions. But Alemany surprised me before.

Should try to get as much as can for him whatever that figure turns out being.

Home of Barca Fans