Memphis Depay

snowy

Memphis deal is definitely OFF the table. Aulas already set a firm deadline for both he and Aouar to last Friday evening. So, literally zero chance.

If we really need a cheap but effective striker fast, just bring in 6'3" samurai sword Michael "The Engineer" Olunga :ninja_hide:

Then, next year, can sell Rafi/Couti/Grizz/Pjanic/Bob/Alba/Pique/MaTs?/Busi/Umtiti and build a pro-combat death squad

Laplacian

Year 1: Wow, Coutinho's a hybdrid player. No worries! We're Barcelona and we can convert him to a proper position in our club, he'll play in Iniesta's No. 8 role!

Execution 1: Wow, that failed!

Year 2: Wow, Griezmann's a hybdrid player. No worries! We're Barcelona and we can convert him to a proper position in our club, he'll play as a striker in place of Luis Suarez!

Execution 2: Wow, that failed!.

Year 3: Wow, Depay's a hybrid player. No worries! We're Barcelona and we can convert him to a proper position in our club, he'll play as a striker!

Execution 3: Pending.

On the bright side, we're no longer paying 120m+ Euros for obvious failures.

FC433

^
even if he plays as a CF, what are we going to do with Messi and Coutinho? He is just not worth it. We already need to bench one of Messi, Griezmann/ Coutinho. Adding Depay means that we will have to bench 2 of 4 starters/ play all of them :lol:

Sorin

Another mistake in a long line of mistakes by the board. We'll be looking to sell him in 2 years max. Book it.

Last edited:

Zebulun

^
even if he plays as a CF, what are we going to do with Messi and Coutinho? He is just not worth it. We already need to bench one of Messi, Griezmann/ Coutinho. Adding Depay means that we will have to bench 2 of 4 starters/ play all of them :lol:

koeman wants depay so he'll definitely play him, the odd one out is griezzmann, i already see him leaving in january or next summer.

FC433

Lyon President Aulas reflects on Memphis Depay not making his desired move to Barcelona:

"Today, he is disappointed, but not towards Lyon, more towards Barcelona. He's going to do everything he can to find himself in a position to move there in January."
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1313838243725619201?s=20

"?Since the beginning I have been clear with Memphis. I spoke with President Bartomeu at Barcelona twice, he told me he couldn?t see how things could happen. I know that Koeman made him continue to hope and that Memphis was ready to make sacrifices. Today, he is disappointed, but not towards Lyon, more towards Barcelona. He is going to do everything he can to find himself in a position where he moves there in January. It is not up to me to make that decision, it is Juninho, in the same way that he has taken full responsibility for transfer situations with Vincent Ponsot. Rudi Garcia, he, fought with everything he had for Memphis to stay. I have not abandoned the idea of extending his contract (Depay?s), but as he has always said no, it looks difficult to do.?"

Sorin

Good, if Koeman wants him so bad we'll get him in January for a reduced fee, or for free in the summer. No point in paying 25m for a player that wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.

soul24rage

I'd honestly get someone like Llorente or Giroud as a plan B striker over Depay.

At least they offer something different to what we have.

Home of Barca Fans