Memphis Depay

FinBarcelonafan

Barcelona are convinced that Memphis Depay will be registered ahead of the game against Real Sociedad. The club believe that it will be possible because of the structure of his contract, he charges more in variables than in his fixed salary. [sport]

We believed Messi would stay too

Jokes on us

ajnotkeith

Well, it appears we are so confident of registering him that were waiting right until the twelfth hour as he is still not registered. If there are no exits and wage cuts he is not being registered and could look to leave..

Andresito

Staff member
Was out for 6 months during the first half of 2020 with a knee injury.

The season after the injury (20/21) he played a total of 49 games, scored 29 and assisted 17 for club and country.

It's actually impressive how his first season after a serious injury also is his most productive with 46 G/A in 49 games.

Horatio

You're welcome
Was out for 6 months during the first half of 2020 with a knee injury.

The season after the injury (20/21) he played a total of 49 games, scored 29 and assisted 17 for club and country.

It's actually impressive how his first season after a serious injury also is his most productive with 46 G/A in 49 games.

I addressed this.

wisconsincule

Same. I liked him very much so far in the preseason. He could be one of the best in La Liga. I can see him being better than his rivals Carrasco and Vinicius/Hazard.

100%. He gets a bunch of hate around here but if he can be registered he is poised to have a massive impact on our season.

behindbrowneyes

What stands out the most is his confidence. Memphis comes across as someone who is lighting a fire under his teammates and leading by example in important ways. Looks already very liked by many squad members.

His finish against Juve was clinical. What I recognised too is that his corners are pretty dangerous. Araujo and him should train some together as the Gaucho is pretty hard to defend once he's in the air. #Airaujo Barca should make more use of that. Araujo needs to improve his precision in front of the goal, but he has some goals in him.

Memphis is doing everything with confidence and intention, and it's on both sides of the ball. He's been dynamic making runs forward, holding up defenders, and tracking back. Not as much as Griezmann is doing against the ball, but enough and much more than Messi.

His energy is contagious. Griezmann seems to enjoy playing with him, and other players are going out of their way to get Memphis the ball. Of course he is losing some more balls than other players, but he is trying things and not only the easy pass. He has the vision to create and set-up his teammates.

The only real question is if he can handle the pressure of being the star of Barcelona? It looks like he wants it.

It will be exciting to see what he can accomplish in a Barca shirt, and his biggest fan will be right beside him on the sideline. Just look at his stats under Koeman with the national team. I posted them already some time ago in this thread.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans