Memphis Depay

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I know he hasn't been that great but he is our only scorer these days, before Ansu comes back and plays on a regular basis. Without Depay who will score for us not just practically but theoretically? Dembele won't. Coutinho won't. Demir won't. LDJ won't. Do we play Araujo as our striker?

ajnotkeith

I know he hasn't been that great but he is our only scorer these days, before Ansu comes back and plays on a regular basis. Without Depay who will score for us not just practically but theoretically? Dembele won't. Coutinho won't. Demir won't. LDJ won't. Do we play Araujo as our striker?
If LDJ played 90 every game and was given every free kick, pen, and the leeway to lose the ball 30 times a game, I do believe he would have the same numbers or better. Not because he is good but because anyone can do that when you have so many resources.

It's about, what are you sacrificing in the team to get those 5 npg in 1600 minutes from Depay? Is he overperforming his XG and actually doesn't get much service? Or is every single chance being funnelled into him?

His goals so far have not been worth his negative impact on the team. We are trying to use him as a talisman when he just isn't good enough for that.

It is almost a surefire bet that Depay will miss a sitter every game. If you ignore the flashy tricks and ignore the name bias of Depay and focus on what he does in the field, it has been disappointing.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If LDJ played 90 every game and was given every free kick, pen, and the leeway to lose the ball 30 times a game, I do believe he would have the same numbers or better. Not because he is good but because anyone can do that when you have so many resources.

It's about, what are you sacrificing in the team to get those 5 npg in 1600 minutes from Depay? Is he overperforming his XG and actually doesn't get much service? Or is every single chance being funnelled into him?

His goals so far have not been worth his negative impact on the team. We are trying to use him as a talisman when he just isn't good enough for that.

It is almost a surefire bet that Depay will miss a sitter every game. If you ignore the flashy tricks and ignore the name bias of Depay and focus on what he does in the field, it has been disappointing.

Sacrificing the team? It is not like we have been playing Depay at the expense of the team or other players that could have done better in his position if he hadn't played. Again, who is going to score goals for us? Let's see LDJ is up to the task, I doubt it.

ajnotkeith

Sacrificing the team? It is not like we have been playing Depay at the expense of the team or other players that could have done better in his position if he hadn't played. Again, who is going to score goals for us? Let's see LDJ is up to the task, I doubt it.
I don't mean in that sense. I mean in the role he plays, the amount of resources and possession he takes up and his negative actions with those harms the team

sickstar

I don't get it why barca's so toothless in ucl this season.
Goal less in 4 games?? I can't remember this ever happening the 17 years i start support barca. Even with 8-2, we have 2 goals.. while i get it that it's in different stages, you get what i mean.

Even when against benfica where we should manage to score 2-3 goals in two meetings in our previous years while having less than 3 goals conceded. That should at least get the knockout ticket.

Memphis was quite good in league, though not great (he's best performer in whoscored too), but so out of sync in ucl.

iniestaGOAT

I don't get it why barca's so toothless in ucl this season.
Goal less in 4 games?? I can't remember this ever happening the 17 years i start support barca. Even with 8-2, we have 2 goals.. while i get it that it's in different stages, you get what i mean.

Even when against benfica where we should manage to score 2-3 goals in two meetings in our previous years while having less than 3 goals conceded. That should at least get the knockout ticket.

Memphis was quite good in league, though not great (he's best performer in whoscored too), but so out of sync in ucl.

Nah it's in ucl and league both we have struggled to score

Keep in my all our attack had also been injured

I look this in this way - he came for 0? and we can sell him for some cash, maybe eaven more than 30m. I hope he can addopt to play and make something in this club but at least we can earn some cash. So Depay 0? vs Dembele, Coutihnho, Griezmann... For those 3 guys we gave a lot of cash and they done notnhing!

Home of Barca Fans