Memphis Depay

FinBarcelonafan

Not to bring down the tone too much in here...

but for this guys size/build/muscle mass (which he clearly visibly takes pride in), he is the biggest fucking pussy I've ever seen on a field just short of CR7.

All he does is bounce off defenders and fall and look at the referee, jesus christ the man drives me insane.

He's still more clinical than Ferran though.

I agree. He reminds me of Suarez. No way those big asses should go down so easily.

ajnotkeith

I didn't really like this player. I thought he was bad first half of the season. But I wasn't being charitable and considering who he was playing with, and our tough situation, in which getting top scorer this year has been a good achievement for him.

And also, he took several pay cuts to come here, loves the club, doesn't complain about being on the bench and gives his best. For that reason he deserves our respect, during such a difficult time.

Vamos Memphis.

Horatio

You're welcome
He looked fast more so than usual. Did he lose some weight? Not as bulky legs. Dribbled through Belgian defense.

vuji_31

I said, he is really good player when system is for him. He is also decent for us, but not this good.

Always liked his mentality (last few years).

Blanco

Class again for the national team, another example that confidence is the most important thing in football.

Blanco

He gets more space with nl from opponents. In spain most teams just sit back against barca.

Thats true, there is not position in 4-3-3 that suits him too, in my opinion, but my point is that if everything is the same (opponents style, formation of his team etc) in national team and in barca - he will produce much better numbers for netherlands then barca, because he feels he is part of the core there and focal point in attack.

FinBarcelonafan

Belgium was barely running today. Not sure what they were doing.

You never see that much open space in a LaLiga game. Disaster game by Belgium.

FinBarcelonafan

Not really about Belgium being the opposition, but he seems to perform better for Holland than Barca.

It looked like glorified friendly for Belgium and they were barely jogging. Don't take too many conclusions from these games.

But yes his stats are amazing for Netherlands but again keep in mind that European qualifiers are pretty weak level. He looks Godlike in qualifiers but nothing special even in LaLiga.

Home of Barca Fans