Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013 revealed

Maria

That's a good way to show what hype does... cr has been immense the last couple of months, there's no denying that. But 2 months is not enough for the bdor. It's a joke, really.

22 days ago Cristiano had 14 goals in 12 games and Messi 12 goals in 11 games(a Cristiano who is supposedly playing the best football of his career and the worse Messi of the last 4 years). Cristiano had 0 titles&the title of the CL goalscorer and lost the game that put Real Madrid at 6 pts behind Barcelona, Messi had the league, the spanish supercup and the Pichichi and Ribery had the german cup, the league, the CL and the european league and he missed the game in which Bayern lost the german supercup. Since then he scored 13 goals in 6 games(Rayo, Sevilla, Real sociedad, Juventus and Sweden) and suddenly he became the favourite for the BdO and I read articles from journalists that until now were advocatting for Ribery saying that it would be an injustice if Cristiano doesn't win the award. That's what 6 games from 60 that he played this year did for him.
And to be clear, I don't have anything against Cristiano(anyone from him, Messi or Ribery deserve this award), but it's ridiculous how fast people change their opinion. Especially the people that are journalists and are supposed to be objective..but I guess it's impossible to be objective when it comes to the BdO.

hamidyk

any votes published?
Nekounam (iran national team capitan . former osasuna player ) : 1 - messi 2 - ribery 3 - ronaldo
Carlos Queiroz (iran national team coach.former RM and ronaldo coach. Portuguese) : last year he vote to messi but in yesterday interview he didn't reveal his vote . but i guess he choose messi again !

kollegah

Nekounam (iran national team capitan . former osasuna player ) : 1 - messi 2 - ribery 3 - ronaldo
Carlos Queiroz (iran national team coach.former RM and ronaldo coach. Portuguese) : last year he vote to messi but in yesterday interview he didn't reveal his vote . but i guess he choose messi again !

thanks so thiago silva and this iranian guy voted messi, good start hah :D
@all if u sneak a published vote anywhere, lets put it here. thnaks

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Gerrard said he voted for Suarez and two others. Last year he voted Messi first, so I guess he might have voted for Messi as 2nd.
Del Bosque voted for two Spaniards (Xavi, Iniesta) and another player whom he didn't reveal. He included Messi in previous years, could be him again.

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's not like I'm saying Messi isn't the best player in the world, he is, but he shouldn't win these awards simply because of that if his team's success doesn't outshine a player who was in world class form and instrumental in helping his team to say, a treble, and making the WC final like Sneijder did in 2010. Messi's 2009 and 2011 Ballon d'Ors are completely justified, but I just feel he didn't deserve 2 of them, which he won on reputation.

Owen won it in 2001 despite Bayern winning the Bundesliga and Champions League, Rivaldo won it despite United achieving a treble.

There's no requirement that you have to win major trophies to win the Ballon D'Or. Messi also scored 91 goals in 2012, a record that was never expected to be broken.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ah, it's not even worth debating anymore. Messi fandom = being almost completely blind. I've said enough in this thread, I won't be able to say any more to make Messi riders see what pretty much those who aren't riding Messi are able to see quite easily. Have fun watching football with your Messi tinted glasses boys! I mean I know this is a Barca forum, but I thought some people would actually have a bit of sense. :lol:

And I myself am a Messi fan and LOVE Argentina, so it's not like I have some silly hate for him or anything.

spark

Ah, it's not even worth debating anymore. Messi fandom = being almost completely blind. I've said enough in this thread, I won't be able to say any more to make Messi riders see what pretty much those who aren't riding Messi are able to see quite easily. Have fun watching football with your Messi tinted glasses boys! I mean I know this is a Barca forum, but I thought some people would actually have a bit of sense. :lol:

And I myself am a Messi fan and LOVE Argentina, so it's not like I have some silly hate for him or anything.

1926017.gif

Home of Barca Fans