Mesut Ozil

xavisionary

It's Andy Gray, not Neville

hqdefault.jpg

serghei

Form-wise, it's Isco easily. Ozil is the kind of player who poaches assists, but doesn't have many other dimensions to his game. Isco still has a ways to go before being a fully refined player, but he pretty much outmatches Ozil in every category other than speed and getting the final pass, the latter attribute which he can still develop greatly considering he's only 21 and will soon have Ronaldo-Bale to feed through balls to on each wing.

Mesut Özil is an unique player. Isco is not. And the final pass is what defines an attacking midfielder. I would actually prefer having M. Özil in our team rather than Isco, because of his great vision. It wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal win the PL after 9 years, because of their great midfield. And Mesut is a big part of that midfield.

BigBarcaBoy

Mesut Özil is an unique player. Isco is not. And the final pass is what defines an attacking midfielder. I would actually prefer having M. Özil in our team rather than Isco, because of his great vision. It wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal win the PL after 9 years, because of their great midfield. And Mesut is a big part of that midfield.

I'd be quite happy to have both at the club

serghei

If you are in Madrid you better expect competition and a lot of it. Ozil didn't want the competition and he left, so it makes sense. There is little to argue. Isco's brilliant performances or his excellent takes nothing away from Ozil or vice versa. We know who we sold and that is why Arsenal paid 50 million for him, and why he instantly performed.

You're 5 points behind Barca and Atletico already, and it should have been 7 if not for Muniz Fernandes's stunt. He wasn't that brilliant, was he?

Last edited:

Ghost

Amazing performance last night!
Couldn't watch the game obviously, but watched the highlights, and just wow. :worthy:

Finally I can fully enjoy watching this guy, since he doesn't play for our rival anymore. :D
better than xavi & iniesta combined
Overrating him will only get him haters, you know. I wouldn't recommend doing so. He doesn't have many atm.

Antimadridista1

I'm sure that when Rosell was saying that he was in love with a player of Madrid's squad, he was talking about Ozil.
Just imagine :

Iniesta taking Xavi's role - Busi - Ozil
Alexis - Messi - Neymar

crazy !!

Zincubus

Banned
I'm sure that when Rosell was saying that he was in love with a player of Madrid's squad, he was talking about Ozil.
Just imagine :

Iniesta taking Xavi's role - Busi - Ozil
Alexis - Messi - Neymar

crazy !!

Going off recent performances , this season anyway , I'd put Cesc above Iniesta .

I'd also have Tello over Sanchez tbh

T

tariqo

Sadly over the last month or so .....I'd agree .

Wish we'd signed Ozil ourselves a couple of years ago for €10 million when we had the chance .

DOH !!!!

sadly for you i was just joking around

this ozil is nobody when it comes to xavi or iniesta

Indignado

Özil doesn't fit our system at all. Less than Cesc does. If we have Özil and Cesc in one team it's game over for tiki-taka.

Home of Barca Fans