Mesut Ozil

psychotsek

Özil doesn't fit our system at all. Less than Cesc does. If we have Özil and Cesc in one team it's game over for tiki-taka.

Both are great players but Ozil fits our system way more than Cesc.If we had them both and helped the team play like we did in our 2008/2009 season then i'd be ok with forgetting the whole tiki-taka thing.

Zincubus

Banned
sadly for you i was just joking around

this ozil is nobody when it comes to xavi or iniesta

Time to get out and small the roses , bud .

Xavi is owners near the player he was and even Inesta hasn't played anywhere near his best for a while , just a few glimpses .

Ozil is a prolific assister who's figures blow our two out of the water , sadly .

BarcaGirl

isco is good, but nowhere ozil and ozil is nowhere near iniesta and will never be

That's a very bold statement. You do realize, that Isco is only 21? He can and will improve with time.
He has the potential to be as good or even better than Iniesta in the future. But only time will tell.

Cule4life

The Culest
This guy must have assisted the nurses during his own birth

He also proved Wenger wrong. Big money buys you quality.Him and Flamini have been the heart of Arsenal's resurgence.

Trickykid

This guy must have assisted the nurses during his own birth

He also proved Wenger wrong. Big money buys you quality.Him and Flamini have been the heart of Arsenal's resurgence.

Ya, so, uh... someone else already posted this joke a few days back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Both are great players but Ozil fits our system way more than Cesc.If we had them both and helped the team play like we did in our 2008/2009 season then i'd be ok with forgetting the whole tiki-taka thing.

I am a big fan of Özil's, however I don't think he will be creating those prolific assists for us when the the midfield is crowded and swamped with players and when there is not a whole lot of open space, on which Özil thrives.

It is my opinion that he fits more in fast moving, counter-based systems and less in a slower, posession-based system like ours. Cesc is the player for that.

psychotsek

I am a big fan of Özil's, however I don't think he will be creating those prolific assists for us when the the midfield is crowded and swamped with players and when there is not a whole lot of open space, on which Özil thrives.

It is my opinion that he fits more in fast moving, counter-based systems and less in a slower, posession-based system like ours. Cesc is the player for that.

His ball controling skills are imo a level above Cesc's and for that alone i think he would be a better fit.Cesc is more direct player and thrives when the whole team runs for him,Wenger's words not mine.Ozil has performed exceptional in Werder,Madrid and Arsenal so far which shows he can easily adapt to any playing style.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ozil would be a better fit for the system than Cesc does... But definitely not in mid field. He could play the wider position and that's where he would thrive, especially now that we have a good wide forward in Neymar along with the prolific MEssi.

psychotsek

Ozil would be a better fit for the system than Cesc does... But definitely not in mid field. He could play the wider position and that's where he would thrive, especially now that we have a good wide forward in Neymar along with the prolific MEssi.

While that's true Ozil performs way better when he plays in the midfield.

Meitux

When did he thrive before in wing? I think it's pretty clear from he's performances that it's uncomparable, he performs way way better as attacking midfielder and there's no doubt about it. And of course the already known fact, Ozil doesn't have great stamina to play as a winger and making many runs, he would get tired earlier in the games than he does right now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
When did he thrive before in wing? I think it's pretty clear from he's performances that it's uncomparable, he performs way way better as attacking midfielder and there's no doubt about it. And of course the already known fact, Ozil doesn't have great stamina to play as a winger and making many runs, he would get tired earlier in the games than he does right now.
I know his best position is in mid field, the trequartista, just behind the striker... But we don't have that. In our current system he would do well playing as wide forward. Yes he does get tired very early but I never said he would be a great starter for us. He would be a damn good impact sub. Had he come here earlier we could easily have used him as one, giving him more playing time as a starter now & then. Also, he would have been the perfect player had we decided to tweak our tactics a bit and adopt to playing 2 holding mid fielders. Cesc is very good for that anyway, but Ozil would have been evven better

Home of Barca Fans