Mesut Ozil

JamDav1982

Another Torres in the making? The whole team was shocking today, but he just get worse and worse it seems, been going on for quite some time.

I cant see how Wenger can play Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez in the same team with a slow striker like Giroud.

None of them are touchline wingers, offer width or run away from ball. They just clog up the same areas and get in each others way.

At a push could play Ozil behind Sanchez, Walcott and Wellbeck but only if Sanchez holds a wider position and looks to get in behind more.

Morten

I cant see how Wenger can play Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez in the same team with a slow striker like Giroud.

None of them are touchline wingers, offer width or run away from ball. They just clog up the same areas and get in each others way.

At a push could play Ozil behind Sanchez, Walcott and Wellbeck but only if Sanchez holds a wider position and looks to get in behind more.

Øzil played Cam in this match, didnt help much.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
JamDav, agree on that, Ozil, Cazorla and Giroud are all best with players with running in behind them, IMO the best lineup would be

--------------------Giroud------------------
----Alexis-----------Ozil------Walcott-----
---------Coquelin---------Ox---------------

Cazorla can play instead of Ozil, Ramsey when he gets back instead of Ox, Welbeck for Walcott, but either way I don't like Santi and Ozil on the pitch at the same time

JamDav1982

Øzil played Cam in this match, didnt help much.

I know he did... with Alexis and Cazorla also dropping in to those spaces and coming to ball and a slow striker in Giroud.

All things as I said above that I dont thinks Ozil or the other attacking players.

Just wondering why he didn't join Mou at Chelsea when he had the chance? Most people rated him higher than Oscar at the time, and Chelsea has the cash to spend for him. I don't recall him and Mou ever getting into a row at Madrid.

red dragon2

The Oezil situation is very strange, he was never the best 10 in the game, too inconsistent, but he was excellent. He can do stuff with the ball only 3-4 other players in the league can do. kinda feel sorry for him cos' absolutely everything is going wrong for him.

DrPepper

Just wondering why he didn't join Mou at Chelsea when he had the chance? Most people rated him higher than Oscar at the time, and Chelsea has the cash to spend for him. I don't recall him and Mou ever getting into a row at Madrid.

Doesn't mean that Mou rated him higher than Oscar though.

Also Madrid let him go for 50M which is a joke. It's ridiculous how they got 25M€ more for Özil than we did for Alexis.

L

linetty

Ozil was a wonderful player at Real Madrid. It's just Wenger usually turning winners into losers. Don't think he posseses the workrate required at Barca but I always wanted to see him here.

EdmondDantes

He's been decent since his return but was invisible in their most important game of the season so far. It's a very typical trend in his Arsenal career so far. But if Arsenal fans are really looking for culprits, he is not even close to the first in the queue of inept players that were not only to blame for the Monaco debacle but for their season as well.

As for Ozil, on a more personal observation; I thought he was by far Germany's worst player in the World Cup (out of the ones who had a significant amount of playing time that is), which was strange because I thought he would thrive in a system an environment he knew well. Not that it mattered as they won the thing but had Argentina not fluffed their lines with those easy goals they missed...

Home of Barca Fans