Mesut Ozil

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Remember when this guy was good ?
PF.png

Richard.H

It's quite sad how much he has declined since joining Arsenal. He used to be compared to Iniesta when he was at RM and was producing some absolutely amazing passes to CR, Benz, and Higgy. That 11-12 season when RM won the league title, was an amazing year for him. Many pundits were claiming he was the next best thing in the midfield position. I even remember a lot of users here at that time absolutely begging to have him on board (there were some problems he was having with Mourinho I think), calling him the only replacement for Xavi/Iniesta.

What the hell happened to him? It seems like his confidence has gone to shit.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

What the hell happened to him? It seems like his confidence has gone to shit.

I really think he just doesn't want to be at Arsenal and that affects his play. His transfer was quite a shock as I remember he was saying he wanted to stay at Real Madrid forever just 3 days before being transferred. Lets face it, Real needed the money for Bale and some one had to get the ax. That probably messed him up to go from playing in one of the world's best teams in the best league to Arsenal where aiming for 4th is priority.

I still think Ozil will end up at Bayern in a few years. Especially if Goetze doesn't out.

Alen

Sums it up nicely.

Mourinho made him look like a world beater when in fact he's a good player but nothing truly special.

He needs to play with very good and pacy forwards to be great. He has the vision, the passing ability and the touch of a world class player. Too bad he doesn't give a fuck most of the time.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Not sure what you guys are talking about. He was Arsenals best player by multiple sources (lequipe, sky, etc). If you watched an english stream Scholes just has an agenda against Ozil.

Few giveaways, but other than that everything ran trough him.

For once criticism of Alexis would've been justified.

Robbie

Why does Paul Scholes hate him so much?

Because most British pundits don't know what the hell they're talking about. They see a narrative (Ozil is a flop, Walcott doesn't have a "footballing brain", etc.), and go for it even though they're clearly wrong.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Because most British pundits don't know what the hell they're talking about. They see a narrative (Ozil is a flop, Walcott doesn't have a "footballing brain", etc.), and go for it even though they're clearly wrong.
Well "Walcott doesn't have a footballing brain" part is true

Home of Barca Fans