Mesut Ozil

Andrew M

Because most British pundits don't know what the hell they're talking about. They see a narrative (Ozil is a flop, Walcott doesn't have a "footballing brain", etc.), and go for it even though they're clearly wrong.

C'mon, man, Ozil is a half-assed rat face. Useless bottler.

Whenever Florentino Perez is feeling glum he just remembers that he sold Ozil for 50 million euros and he is happy again

_45849844_perez226.jpg

Hamzah

High Definition Member
that's arsenal in a nutshell. ozil doing a flick against hull when winning 3-1 but doing fuck all when it counts in a big game.

Player of the month april where 2/3 games were 'big'?

Voted by the fans...

Özil has a lot fanboys voting for him. He will win whenever you can vote for him.

(I do not want to judge if he was that good or not in the months as I have not seen the matches.)

Last edited:

DrPepper

ozil doing a flick against hull when winning 3-1 but doing fuck all when it counts in a big game.

+666.

Not sure he was the best anyway with 1 assist in 3 matches in April. Hazard with 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches or Benteke with 5 goals in 4 games were more impressive, especially the latter.

Gotta agree with Donauwelle as well.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
+666.

Not sure he was the best anyway with 1 assist in 3 matches in April. Hazard with 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches or Benteke with 5 goals in 4 games were more impressive, especially the latter.

Gotta agree with Donauwelle as well.

Glad you went out of your way to look up the stats. I guess Iniesta is the worst midfielder in the world having the stats of a fullback and worse than guys like Puncheon

Morten

Glad you went out of your way to look up the stats. I guess Iniesta is the worst midfielder in the world having the stats of a fullback and worse than guys like Puncheon

Stats doesnt tell the whole story, but there is no denying that Iniesta isnt quite the player he used to be. Still a very good midfielder, stats doesnt do him justice.

Just that Iniesta is another kind of midfielder. I see him more as an 8 and he is not a 10 as Özil is. Özil is a goalcreator - not really a playmaker.

I was a big fan of Özil some years ago. Him and Müller were great to watch in the German team - and there always was an end result. He has lost something since then. His World Cup for me was disappointing. Some might tell that he still had as much key passes as Müller had - just that his key passes did not lead to goals and that is not just lack but often a question about being surprising ones etc.

[youtube]CCeU35KgAGo[/youtube]

This Özil I have not seen in Brazil. The German Offense mainly consisted of a one-man-show with Müller who mainly scrapped his goals from nothing and when he could not he assisted others to do. And set-pieces. That used to be different. Götze (I know - the final goal) and Özil were mostly absent and Klose only partly there. Schürrle was the only light in the tunnel - but he is a world class substitute but not a world-class-starter.

You know all about it when a player has his highest workrate of the tournament in a match that you already lead by 5:0 after 30 minutes and not in the matches that are tight until the end.

You might call it the "Real Madrid has rejected me and now I sulk"-syndrom... - but since he found out that there is live of the pitch in Madrid 3 years ago and thinks that the opinion of his fanboys is the most important... (I know that I am not nice and for sure not fair with him... - but the chat-scripts Lell posted a year ago - I still love the hashtag #auchindirsteckteinweltmeister - just told a lot about him)

Last edited:

As good as Alexis was this year, if Arsenal are to mount a legit title challenge next season, Ozil needs to play like he did in today's game 25-28 times throughout the campaign.

Home of Barca Fans