Mesut Ozil

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
The same catalan radio also once reported that we bagged fabregas. Don't trust any media except for legit ones like The Guardian or official words from both parties.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The Times says Chelsea are going in for him too now. Wouldn't hurt to get him, but I won't lose any sleep at all if we don't.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even though I'd rather see Thiago and JDS promoted (to continue our tradition of Cantera players in the first squad) we have to admit that the price is right (pun intended) and he does have much more experience than our youngsters. But we should be looking for a backup DM instead and give JDS/Tiago some minutes when we're some goals up so that they can gain some experience.

dalitis8

Banned
Yes, Ebglish rags saying its a 3 way tussle between us, Chelsea and Man Utd.

If we want him...we will get him...

...and yes the price is right...problems being that our youngsters prolly deserve playing time...and a DM is a higher priority...but I dunno...for 12m...I think we should make the move...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bild in Germany say that a deal has been reached...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not going for one of the top5 WC stars for such a knock down price(12m is peanuts, we could easily ship him out for double next year if he had even a decent season) would be foolish... and what if he comes and proves we need not actually pay the 1295871290857 for Cesc!?

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Seriously doubt that United will sign him seeing has SAF has already said he's happy with his current squad, Chelsea on the other hand could definitely sign Mesut. I honestly wouldn't read 2 much into this Barca have already come out and said they'll look for players in the B team before they sign anybody so this is probably bull............dnt believe spanish news papers if i see it in skysports then i'll believe it.

Barcafan 2304

Think he has said recently his preference would be to play in Spain. Im sure if its a straight choice between us or any EPL club, he would choose us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He will probably become another Hleb. 3 million cheaper though.
Hope Pep pulls the plug on this transfer.

G

Gold

I really don't see why Barca need him, he would'nt play enough and would end up out on loan like Hleb

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ozil plays the CAM in 4-2-3-1 formation for both his club and his country

Personally I believe that 4-3-3 is similar to 4-2-3-1... with one of the 2 DMs in latter playing a li'l bit higher up the pitch(Xavi) and the CAM operating a bit closer to the CM(Iniesta). So I don't see the point of Ozil not making it tactically... more so because of Pep's penchant towards using a target man!!

dalitis8

Banned
Think he has said recently his preference would be to play in Spain. Im sure if its a straight choice between us or any EPL club, he would choose us.

That is for sure...

I am not his biggest fan...but I honestly think that he is better and younger(well that is a fact) than Hleb...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yes,I also think that Pep declaring that he trusts the youngsters was not accidental...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And whoever signs him...they need to do so now...cos in a week's time he would be playing in the CL with Werder...and that would render him cap-tied...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

I dunno about being gleb-levels of useless, but this is a weird transfer.

our forward line is sorted with messi/villa/zlatan/pedro/bojan/jeffren, it's midfield where we need presence.

perhaps pep will convert ozil into more of a CM? who knows.

he's a fantastic player, but we really don't need him. there's something strange going on here.

one could argue he'll be a makeweight for cesc, but at 12m arsenal would surely just move themselves and rake in 30m+ profit on a cesc sale?

something strange, for sure.

Home of Barca Fans