Mesut Ozil

SoMa

wanted to sign chygrinsky
wanted to sign hleb
wanted to sign keirrison
asks for zlatan and gets rid of eto'o
presumably says no to ozil

is he bad with signing or what?

only decent ones so far have been maxwell and keita.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
wanted to sign hleb
wanted to sign keirrison

On the plus side, it means Thiago and JDS will be given a shot. and it Means almost 95% that Cesc will be here next year.

dalitis8

Banned
That's what am saying....we should risk not signing Ozil and letting him go to a domestic or European rival...

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
wanted to sign hleb
wanted to sign keirrison

Pleb and Keirrison were both Txiki efforts, you can tell by the way Pep treated them that he never wanted either at the club

dalitis8

Banned
I was totally against signing him because I thought that Werder would ask for something in the region of 30m euros...but since he has only one year on his contract...they can't ask for that much...15m for this guy is not irrational...but due to the peculiarities of Barca's situation(that being Cesc and the youth) then I believe it to be more prudent for us to pass on Ozil.

But for Man Yoo for example...he would probably be a good buy I reckon...

wanted to sign hleb
wanted to sign keirrison

Part of our recent disastrous transfer policy...

SoMa

On the plus side, it means Thiago and JDS will be given a shot. and it Means almost 95% that Cesc will be here next year.

i havent had much time lately to keep up with the whole cesc novela, but how exactly does it mean that cesc will come next year, wont arsenal just do the same shit and say no, and he'll still be under a long contract

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I was totally against signing him because I thought that Werder would ask for something in the region of 30m euros...but since he has only one year on his contract...they can't ask for that much...15m for this guy is not irrational...but due to the peculiarities of Barca's situation(that being Cesc and the youth) then I believe it to be more prudent for us to pass on Ozil.

But for Man Yoo for example...he would probably be a good buy I reckon...

Part of our recent disastrous transfer policy...

Alves, Keita, Titi, PIQUE, Maxwell - Yeah, Disastrous

dalitis8

Banned
Alves-very good.

Keita-average.

Titi-played a season and a half...in his final season was utter crap.

Pique-never viewed him as a transfer...but if you consider him as such,he is a resounding success

Maxwell-good for his price.

Ibra- Epic disaster.

Chyga-ditto

Hleb-ditto

Caceres-ditto

Henrique-ditto

Keirrisson-ditto

same can be said of ANY big club in world football.

Successful and bad signings.

I agree but only to a degree...our signings of late have been depressingly bad...I am not sure if it's down to bad luck or incompetence...I really hope that the trend will reverse with Villa and possibly Adriano...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a matter of fact..if it wasn't for our world-smashing La Masia...we'd be battling it out with Valladolid and Real Betis...

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Alves-very good.

Keita-average.

Titi-played a season and a half...in his final season was utter crap.

Pique-never viewed him as a transfer...but if you consider him as such,he is a resounding success

Maxwell-good for his price.

Ibra- Epic disaster.

Chyga-ditto

Hleb-ditto

Caceres-ditto

Henrique-ditto

Keirrisson-ditto
keita average? keita's signing was great. just what the squad needed. a player that can sit on the bench, without any moaning and play and then perform.
maxwell just good for his price? absolutely false. such a great squad player. came in when needed and performed IN HIS FIRST SEASON of barca like he had been a La Masia graduate!
piqué just plain FANTASTIC signing.
tits very good signing, we won the sextete much thanks to him.
alves excellent signing.
ibra, neither is he great nor is he a disaster.

Barcafan 2304

Oh well, what will be will be. id like Ozil at Barca but have to trust Pep. if he believes that Ozil is no better than the youth, so be it.

Home of Barca Fans