Mesut Ozil

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is basically what is happening:

pepozil6.jpg

Pep contemplating the transfer. Catalan press say he closer to "no".

Trequartista

The good
I am still against signing Ozil,Barcelona are a team based on posession and retaining the ball which needs an incredible pass completion rtae,Germany are a counter attacking team,OZil's best ability is his positioning.he is always at the right time and in the right place especially in counter attacks,I cant see him doing his germany's heroics when we have the ball against a team defending with 8 players,He is a player who loves spaces and he wont find those spaces when playing with Barca,another point is the formations,Germany play with 4-2-3-1 formation with a lot f movements for the 3 behind the lone striker,we played sometimes with that formation but we always play with 4-3-3,Ozil cant do the Xavi's role,Playing him in the Iniesta role will need time before deleivering,We have also Keita who is underrated player and probably our best squad player,how we will fit 4 midfielders for only 2 positions,Pep is not a fan of rotations,Another point is Thiago and JDS,they need to play now some minutes,if we sign Ozil,they wont start a single match,and this will affect their developmenet in a bad way for sure,it looks that Rosell and our Broad would go for Cesc Fabregas each summer until he ends up here so this will not mean no JDS and Thiago but also No Sergi Roberto and Rafa.Very bad move IMHO,be it for 15m or 20m

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Ozil updated his official facebook, confirming that he's staying at Werder for another season:
I began again with the preparation for the new season in the SV Werder Bremen. I am very happy that it will start soon again. At the day of the fans, I was happy about the direct contact with you and am very grateful for your congratulations.

Trequartista

The good
Ozil updated his official facebook, confirming that he's staying at Werder for another season:

Thanks god,I think we will settle for Mascherano then.Next season we may go for him if Thiago,JDS fail to develop, and Cesc refuses to come,then we can go for him in the next season.

KluivertsBoots

Thanks god,I think we will settle for Mascherano then.Next season we may go for him if Thiago,JDS fail to develop, and Cesc refuses to come,then we can go for him in the next season.

Ozil will cost at least 30m this time next year because Werder will get him to sign a new contract between now and then.

Home of Barca Fans