Mesut Ozil

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
ozil is very, very good.

not jealous, because we didn't need him, but he's awesome for sure. and he seems like a good kid,too.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think it can be agreed that no one is perfect, even Pep (Biting my tongue)...But his biggest weakness so far has to be in assessing transfers, it appears...If indeed he nixed Mesut, although I would understand that Cesc was the priority, even from a business sense it was a foolish move not to go for the player

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I think it can be agreed that no one is perfect, even Pep (Biting my tongue)...But his biggest weakness so far has to be in assessing transfers, it appears...If indeed he nixed Mesut, although I would understand that Cesc was the priority, even from a business sense it was a foolish move not to go for the player

Keep Ozil for 2 years and use as a bargain for Fanregas would have also been a wise move business wise!!

But this move has some positives on Pep's side too... may be he doesn't want another player to ruin his career(Cceres, Henrique, Keirrison, Chyga, Hleb) and it is good gesture of Pep to put club's rep ahead of the probable financial profits. But at the same time it reflects the club's desperate attitude towards Cesc :angry:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Keep Ozil for 2 years and use as a bargain for Fanregas would have also been a wise move business wise!!

But this move has some positives on Pep's side too... may be he doesn't want another player to ruin his career(Cceres, Henrique, Keirrison, Chyga, Hleb) and it is good gesture of Pep to put club's rep ahead of the probable financial profits. But at the same time it reflects the club's desperate attitude towards Cesc :angry:

Yeah, these are good points too, I believe

I figured it was ultimately a win-win really...I knew the player would show his quality and even if Cesc was invariably going to return with the year, either the player would find a place here or his value would sufficiently turn a profit for the club...A matter, unfortunately, which has seemingly eluded the club - making a profit from transfers

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah, these are good points too, I believe

I figured it was ultimately a win-win really...I knew the player would show his quality and even if Cesc was invariably going to return with the year, either the player would find a place here or his value would sufficiently turn a profit for the club...A matter, unfortunately, which has seemingly eluded the club - making a profit from transfers

there, we are not some selling club to think on profits from sales... Pep's right there, there's this huge reputation

Estel face it man...Cesc is our future captain...

Forget it forever, there's Pique. I know I'm fighting a losing battle defending Barca away from Cesc or whatever you name keeping Cesc away from Barca, he's definitely no captain. It is going to be Pique hands down

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
we are very good at making profits from transfer
by loaning Ibrahimovic to Milan, with an option to buy for 24 million, we some how saved 60M euros...
Magical indeed!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
by loaning Ibrahimovic to Milan, with an option to buy for 24 million, we some how saved 60M euros...
Magical indeed!

:D Indeed

Yeah, I don't buy that a club like Barca can't be smart business wise to turn a profit...I'm just a bit shocked that Mr. Corporation, aka Rosell, wasn't jumping to sign Mesut if indeed it was for 7.5???....Can you imagine the profit he'd turn, even in one year?

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Magical indeed!
that's from a barca perspective. if we wouldn't have bought ibra from the first place we would have saved over 100 million euros..

T

tigerlily

Mesut was the one player I was hoping Barca would buy and now he's being a genius at RM... *sigh*

Home of Barca Fans