Mesut Ozil

BXI Fútbol

Great game today; if he plays like this ill and in his first match in a new team in a foreign land, imagine how he'll be once he settles! Shame we will have to wait to see him and Cazorla together.

Zincubus

Banned
I can't decide wether Ozil is just a really good passer or a genius !?

Those through balls creating chance after chance - where they great balls or was it down to the good runs of the forwards ??

He makes it look so easy , when he's putting players through on goal . It can't be that easy , surely z??

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Whose final ball do you guys rate more, Ozil's or Cesc's? I would say Messi's is above the both of them, and Mata's right below, but which order do they go in? I can't decide at all, they're both so good...

pEllee

Whose final ball do you guys rate more, Ozil's or Cesc's? I would say Messi's is above the both of them, and Mata's right below, but which order do they go in? I can't decide at all, they're both so good...

Now that's a tough one. To make it easier, if we go with through-balls it's Messi. The weight he puts on those are just incredible.

I would not add Mata to that list to be honest. I know he got a lot of assists but he never struck me as a player with a vision as great as Cesc's, Özil's or Messi's. Besides, Mata's assists records often get exaggerated. They usually add at least 5 assists to his tally.

As for Cesc vs Özil; Well, it's a tough one as well. I'd say Özil's got the better off the ball movement, which enables him to get in positions where he can play those final balls. Cesc might be a better passer, I don't know... it's really difficult to say really. They're both two of the greatest playmakers in the world.

But how come Totti is never mentioned? He should be. Not only does he play more amount of though balls than any other player but he creates a lot of chanses in general as well. Lots of assists too. He's still a fantastic player.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Mata is pretty great at assisting, he's definitely below Cesc, Ozil and Messi but still above most others, although stats aren't everything the sheer volume of assists he has does have to speak for something.

I feel the reason it's so hard to compare is because their assisting styles are different; Ozil will drift over with that weird not-pace but still quickness he has and delicately place the ball on a plate for the assist, while Cesc is more prone to just looking up, X-raying the defense and cutting them open with a perfect throughball. Both are so amazing to watch though :wub:

As for Totti... I don't watch Serie A....
icon15.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I think Cesc and Özil are quite different, in my opinion Cesc is better when the space is limited and Cesc can do nice lobs; Özil on the other hand thrives when there is quite a lot of open space and he is better at through balls.

Cesc suits our play better. Not that I don't like Özil (I am a big fan of his), Cesc's style works for us better, plus Cesc bleeds Blaugrana.

oz187

I'd say Cesc. Playing with Barca he has less space to work with, but at Arsenal he was having a field day. Ozil does have better mobility though.

Home of Barca Fans