Mesut Ozil

Galning

Honestly.. Arsenal fans would be happy even if they signed Henry again or pulled Gabi Milito from retirement ...
When you are desperate the smallest achievement matter.. just like Cule's towards the end were happy to get even Adil Rami or Mathieu just to have any sort of defensive reinforcement (which always made me wondered.. if they were going for Mathieu or Rami might as well have kept Abidal or released Abidal after they secured a back up )

Yep that was another one of my facepalm moments in real life. Can't believe some people posted "just sign any CB!" Ridiculous.

DB10

Third - behind Lionel Messi and Juan Mata.

Ozil isn't going to be assisting Higuain, Ronaldo and Benzema at Arsenal, it'll be Giroud (and possibly Bendtner). His numbers are about to take a very heavy hit.

But on the flip side he may then score more goals. Wenger will be looking to develop that, did the same with Cesc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If it is true that Perez tries to slam Özil now to justify the deal, this is just ridiculous...

Apparently this is what they have been doing lately, amid huge uproar and backlash against the deal from RM fans, soccer experts etc. They have been alleging that Özil was travelling to London (?) way too ofen too meet with his new girlfriend that he was often physically exhausted.

Neal Faradinho

Apparently this is what they have been doing lately, amid huge uproar and backlash against the deal from RM fans, soccer experts etc. They have been alleging that Özil was travelling to London (?) way too ofen too meet with his new girlfriend that he was often physically exhausted.

Girlfriend? Isn't he a muslim?

Henry_IB

Banned
I am starting to feel sorry for the guy for joining Arsenal, even if you disregard it's a big step down in his career. The Arsenal fans are acting as if now titles will start rolling and Özil will be the one who brings them in while he shits gold and piss fire.

This is a random quote from an Arsenal forum which symbolize the average view on Özil:

"http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...aining-session

Even his legs are just made of different stuff and bend in world class ways.

The guy is just born in a special way, you can't make players like that.

He's the perfect player, probably going to be the worlds greatest within 12 months.
"

BXI Fútbol

I am starting to feel sorry for the guy for joining Arsenal, even if you disregard it's a big step down in his career. The Arsenal fans are acting as if now titles will start rolling and Özil will be the one who brings them in while he shits gold and piss fire.

This is a random quote from an Arsenal forum which symbolize the average view on Özil:

"http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...aining-session

Even his legs are just made of different stuff and bend in world class ways.

The guy is just born in a special way, you can't make players like that.

He's the perfect player, probably going to be the worlds greatest within 12 months.
"

Haha sorry to say but that is not the average Arsenal fan's view. They have no delusions, they know to they need more (but not that much more) to really compete in the league and CL. Ozil however is a massive step in the right direction and is the type of player that makes everyone around him better.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wouldn't straight away rule it out as the belief of a lunatic... I mean Arsenal fans really believed that finishing in top 4 is more valuable than winning a trophy!!

Home of Barca Fans