Mesut Ozil

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Trophy or not, this is a great deal for Arsenal, both in terms of transfer policy/publicity and quality. No doubt Arsenal with him is a more attractive destination for aspiring or even established talents. Plus, it gives a boost to the team and fans.

S7_MUFC

I wouldn't straight away rule it out as the belief of a lunatic... I mean Arsenal fans really believed that finishing in top 4 is more valuable than winning a trophy!!
4th place is better than a trophy unless the trophy is the champions league....If they had won FA cup and finished 5th Ozil wouldn't have joined them.....

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
4th place is better than a trophy unless the trophy is the champions league....If they had won FA cup and finished 5th Ozil wouldn't have joined them.....
If Utd actually had the balls he still wouldn't have joined them anyway! He waited till last minute for Utd to bid for him!!

S7_MUFC

If Utd actually had the balls he still wouldn't have joined them anyway! He waited till last minute for Utd to bid for him!!
We already have kagawa and Rooney fighting for that spot and from what I hear Ozil is shit on the wings....He'll be perfect player for Arsenal but at United he'd be on the bench with kagawa looking at welbeck missing sitters......

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We already have kagawa and Rooney fighting for that spot and from what I hear Ozil is shit on the wings....He'll be perfect player for Arsenal but at United he'd be on the bench with kagawa looking at welbeck missing sitters......
I am not saying that Utd should have made a bid for him... I do believe it though but i understand how the board's finding it tough to deal with the situation of a superstar that Rooney is, probably Fergie should have done that one last help to the club... That's a whole different topic and my point is that Arsenal were just lucky to have signed Ozil! It helps to be in the CL financially, sure, but nothing beats the euphoria of winning a trophy and Arsenal fans are just being fooled by Wenger while he is only laughing all the way to the bank!! Wenger just looks at his club as a business platform to milk money... and he is making his fans to believe so too

DB10

Ever seen Wenger on the touchline these last few years...Yep there's a guy who's in it for the money. You're on a windup or your an idiot. You can question his footballing philosophy, god knows Arsenal fans have over the years but to accuse him of not being a footballing person and in it for the money......

Of course we'd take a trophy over 4th place, especially all the noise and hysteria surrounding Arsenal not winning a trophy. But truthfully year in year out 4th place and being in the CL is more important in the long run than say the domestic cups. But I hope we really go for the FA Cup this year. The League and CL were tough enough when Arsenal had a winning team nevermind now we are a few steps behind. Hopefully signing Ozil is the first step in seriously bridging that gap.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ever seen Wenger on the touchline these last few years...Yep there's a guy who's in it for the money. You're on a windup or your an idiot. You can question his footballing philosophy, god knows Arsenal fans have over the years but to accuse him of not being a footballing person and in it for the money......

Of course we'd take a trophy over 4th place, especially all the noise and hysteria surrounding Arsenal not winning a trophy. But truthfully year in year out 4th place and being in the CL is more important in the long run than say the domestic cups. But I hope we really go for the FA Cup this year. The League and CL were tough enough when Arsenal had a winning team nevermind now we are a few steps behind. Hopefully signing Ozil is the first step in seriously bridging that gap.

I am an idiot all right... I'm an idiot for realizing Wenger has a stake in the club and pockets part of every profit the club makes, that he hides behind the back of the owners who have adopted a rhetoric in 'New stadium' for not spending money to sign effective players, that he signs fit-for-nothing players on free just for the sake of 'signing', that Ozil is sort of a galactico signing who would return a profit come what may which was probably the prime reason behind the move and for realizing once and for all that Wenger isn't really sweating much to fool the Arsenal fans as it's a damn easy job!!

Last edited:

BXI Fútbol

I am an idiot all right... I'm an idiot for realizing Wenger has a stake in the club and pockets part of every profit the club makes, that he hides behind the back of the owners who have adopted a rhetoric in 'New stadium' for not spending money to sign effective players, that he signs fit-for-nothing players on free just for the sake of 'signing', that Ozil is sort of a galactico signing who would return a profit come what may which was probably the prime reason behind the move and for realizing once and for all that Wenger isn't really sweating much to fool the Arsenal fans as it's a damn easy job!!

lol okay

pEllee

Great game by Ozil today, has to be MOTM for me. He just seems a class above out there.

Yes, he was very good but not MOTM in my opinion. There were better players out there today to be honest.

--

Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see him link up with Cazorla in the future. :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Today's assist against Sunderland.

052832li8quxh4rsij8d8h.gif

Home of Barca Fans