Mikayil Faye

Porque

Liverpool have now confirmed the player’s departure, in a deal believed to be worth £10 million – ensuring an £8.5 million profit after his arrival from Newcastle in 2021.

The Reds will have first refusal on re-signing Clark in the event he leaves Salzburg, though that would mean matching any offers made for the teenager in the future.

However, the presence of a 17.5 percent sell-on clause would effectively ensure a discount if Liverpool did decide to buy him back.

---

@JamDav1982

@jamrock

This is what I mentioned in the Faye deal. It doesn't make it nearly as bad.

JamDav1982

Know what you meant.. but dont believe they would quote a clause amount that is not accurate as Barca get 25%.

I would guess the clause.. if it even exists.. would be for the full amount and the 25% is if he moves elsewhere.

Otherwise they are just quoting the wrong clause amount.

jamrock

Liverpool have now confirmed the player’s departure, in a deal believed to be worth £10 million – ensuring an £8.5 million profit after his arrival from Newcastle in 2021.

The Reds will have first refusal on re-signing Clark in the event he leaves Salzburg, though that would mean matching any offers made for the teenager in the future.

However, the presence of a 17.5 percent sell-on clause would effectively ensure a discount if Liverpool did decide to buy him back.

---

@JamDav1982

@jamrock

This is what I mentioned in the Faye deal. It doesn't make it nearly as bad.
One would think the buying club would exclude the buy back clause percentage if he goes back to the club, they bought him from.

But good if that's the case.

Messi983

Not sure how reliable FM is but I've brought back Nico for 30m and then we got around 9m from sell-on.

If sell-on is really 25% as mentioned yesterday then this is actually not that bad deal.

Mika Faye will say goodbye to Barça squad and then travel to Rennes today.
◉ €12m transfer fee.
◉ €4m add-ons included.
◉ €35m buy back clause first year.
◉ €40m buy back clause second year.
◉ Sell-on clause also included for Barça.
Permanent move, confirmed.

Porque

I think the percentage is excluded if there's a fixed sum.

Only if it is in writing.

Anyways, deal is OK provided I am correct about the buyback calculations.

But should have been 3 years and not 2.

Unlikely he comes back imo. Club will be more interested in scouting the next Faye for a 5-10m pickup than bringing back Faye for a 20m outlay. Unless he is absolutely blistering in McDonalds.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not sure how reliable FM is but I've brought back Nico for 30m and then we got around 9m from sell-on.

If sell-on is really 25% as mentioned yesterday then this is actually not that bad deal.

Mika Faye will say goodbye to Barça squad and then travel to Rennes today.
◉ €12m transfer fee.
◉ €4m add-ons included.
◉ €35m buy back clause first year.
◉ €40m buy back clause second year.
◉ Sell-on clause also included for Barça.
Permanent move, confirmed.
Buy back is a little steep, but I understand how Rennes thought when they negotiated - it gives them an incentive to develop and play him. Don't know about Roque, if he fucks up in 2-3 games they will put him in the freezer - fuck we should have just tried to sell Roque, FUCK!

jamrock

MD said is buyback is 25m euros, are they, are they including the back up %, is actually 25m or was it a typo?.

I NEED TO KNOW.

BJJ

This begs the question. Is this going to be the way of the future ? Are we just buying players and not giving them enough time to develop?
I really wanted to see Faye being given a proper run in the first team. Christensen is already ou for two months, Inigo is shit and Kounde is right back. Araujo is out. Eric Garcia is probably out the door too.
So whos left?
We went from overbooking at CB to the bare essentials.

Porque

This begs the question. Is this going to be the way of the future ? Are we just buying players and not giving them enough time to develop?
I really wanted to see Faye being given a proper run in the first team. Christensen is already ou for two months, Inigo is shit and Kounde is right back. Araujo is out. Eric Garcia is probably out the door too.
So whos left?
We went from overbooking at CB to the bare essentials.

With Laporta, yes. With Barto, yes. With Rosell, yes. With Gaspart, yes. With Nunez, yes. With most Catalans, yes.

Because it doesn't matter if we have 10m or 100m, his mentality will stay the same.

Push to the limit, all or nothing. Having more money isn't going to change much.

Reactions: BJJ

JamDav1982

If his coaches (Xavi, Flick) were rating him, sure. But they don't, so he's not.

That is not the reason he is out and he was in first season and still raw anyway.

The old 'cant argue with coaches' argument is not some show stopper either or barely be any debate about any player.

Home of Barca Fans