Mohamed Salah

serghei

That is total bs mate.
His agent has been already mad at them and they are playing it dirty, there is already reliable reported saying they are ready to sell because their American owners don't want to pay him in his 30's.
I would say there is 40% chance he is leaving.

Why should that be considered playing it dirty though? You don't pay for past achievements. Only we pay players the most when they are 33. Look at our wage progression, our players got richest in their worst period career-wise, and got paid the fairest in their early to mid-20s.

Birdy

That is total bs mate.
His agent has been already mad at them and they are playing it dirty, there is already reliable reported saying they are ready to sell because their American owners don't want to pay him in his 30's.
I would say there is 40% chance he is leaving.

His agent is playing his negotiating game to get him a good salary, and the stingy Liverpool owners - as well as Edwards with concerns about the wage structure -are playing their own game to reduce those demands

I think they will find a middle ground and he will sign a new contract. IMO it's 80-20 for him to renew the next months.

Just watch his interviews. Guy loves his club, and loves the EPL as well.
Money is always a factor, but not the only factor

khaled_a_d

Why should that be considered playing it dirty though? You don't pay for past achievements. Only we pay players the most when they are 33. Look at our wage progression, our players got richest in their worst period career-wise, and got paid the fairest in their early to mid-20s.

Play it dirty through media, they have every right to choose who they pay and who not.

Just watch his interviews. Guy loves his club, and loves the EPL as well.
Money is always a factor, but not the only factor

I watch it, both in English and Arabic, and watch the messages he sent Liverpool through his friends in bein media like Aboutrika, thanks for the advice but I see Salah news at least 10 times more than you and it isn't even by choice :lol:

Birdy

I watch it, both in English and Arabic, and watch the messages he sent Liverpool through his friends in bein media like Aboutrika, thanks for the advice but I see Salah news at least 10 times more than you and it isn't even by choice :lol:

I just said that what an agent says publicly is part of a negotiating strategy, and might or might not reflect a player's wish.
Look at Ansu. Mendez wanted him to get the best possible deal, but the kid only wanted Barca above anything else.
Many other examples...

I don't deny that you might know more
Please share your inside info

khaled_a_d

I just said that what an agent says publicly is part of a negotiating strategy, and might or might not reflect a player's wish.
Look at Ansu. Mendez wanted him to get the best possible deal, but the kid only wanted Barca above anything else.
Many other examples...

I don't deny that you might know more
Please share your inside info

Salah has used personal friend that his agent has no connection with, even if it is based on agent advice it means he is on board with him. A quick reminder is Salah one of the player who has no agent but a lawyer that represent him exclusively too (a new trend among star players) so those type of representative are really close and every move is made with both parties understanding.
The inside info is basic, Salah is insisting to get paid like a star considering he has been paid less than most star players of his generation, Liverpool American owners don't see it. Both parties are leaking stuff to the media, even that the owners prefer to let him leave for free in 2023 over giving him new contract to be paid highly (he will be 31 at the end of his contract)

Liverpool backbone are from players born between 1991 and 1993 (VVD,Matip, Fabinho Thiago, Salah, Mane, Firmino) with Henderson and Milner being older than that, they are like Barca in 2017, old squad that is still capable of winning.

In public, both parties are saying the right things, Salah is popular and there will be a serious hit back if he leaves, especially how popular he is globally (In Africa, middle east and Islamic world) and the owners knows that, Salah himself knows he build his legacy there and it is better to stay there and continue to make legacy their, but money talks and even Messi left when the club couldn't pay.
I still think he is favorable to stay, at 60-67% or something, but the chances of him leaving is also serious and I bet every big club is monitoring the situation.
Salah will be the perfect new poster boy for the Qatari btw, can see them going after him if Mpabbe leaves.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Salah has used personal friend that his agent has no connection with, even if it is based on agent advice it means he is on board with him. A quick reminder is Salah one of the player who has no agent but a lawyer that represent him exclusively too (a new trend among star players) so those type of representative are really close and every move is made with both parties understanding.
The inside info is basic, Salah is insisting to get paid like a star considering he has been paid less than most star players of his generation, Liverpool American owners don't see it. Both parties are leaking stuff to the media, even that the owners prefer to let him leave for free in 2023 over giving him new contract to be paid highly (he will be 31 at the end of his contract)

Liverpool backbone are from players born between 1991 and 1993 (VVD,Matip, Fabinho Thiago, Salah, Mane, Firmino) with Henderson and Milner being older than that, they are like Barca in 2017, old squad that is still capable of winning.

In public, both parties are saying the right things, Salah is popular and there will be a serious hit back if he leaves, especially how popular he is globally (In Africa, middle east and Islamic world) and the owners knows that, Salah himself knows he build his legacy there and it is better to stay there and continue to make legacy their, but money talks and even Messi left when the club couldn't pay.
I still think he is favorable to stay, at 60-67% or something, but the chances of him leaving is also serious and I bet every big club is monitoring the situation.
Salah will be the perfect new poster boy for the Qatari btw, can see them going after him if Mpabbe leaves.

I can honestly see him at Real tbf. I mean weren't there rumours of Real being interesting in buying Salah a few years ago.

Birdy

should get m.edwards as head of recruitment his contract expiring in 2022

Absolutely.
The guy who hires Klopp to begin with, and is responsible for all the amazing transfers at Liverpool, Firmino Salah Mane VVD the most important
Legend, and the media does not even know how he looks like.
Works at the background, making wonders

He would be a dream to join Barca.
Unfortunately, I don't see Laporta looking at him at all

El Gato

Villarato!
I can honestly see him at Real tbf. I mean weren't there rumours of Real being interesting in buying Salah a few years ago.

No?
Was Spain in general AFAIK

But wouldn't mind him if can't get a player like Bernardo while Mbappe takes LW/CF. He, Sterling, Haaland and Mbappe all going to Spain would be some summer.

FinBarcelonafan

I wonder if Salah will stay with Liverpool. He said many times he could play somewhere else. Of course, maybe just negotiation tactics.

I wonder if Real/Barca would be interested and what would be the price?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I wonder if Salah will stay with Liverpool. He said many times he could play somewhere else. Of course, maybe just negotiation tactics.

I wonder if Real/Barca would be interested and what would be the price?

i dont think that salah would leave for barca or real these days considering liverpool is way better than them (at least barca)

El Gato

Villarato!
Then I must have misremembered. Either way , a front line of Mbappe-Benz-Salah is a CL winning one.

I don't know man. I still think young midfield with consistent roles is essential. Any self respecting top team would not be scared of CKM at this point but if we switch to 4-4-2 I can get behind this choice of forwards.

Benzema also mentioned the US out of the blue few days back so I think he may know his time is up if Haaland fancies joining

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know man. I still think young midfield with consistent roles is essential. Any self respecting top team would not be scared of CKM at this point but if we switch to 4-4-2 I can get behind this choice of forwards.

Benzema also mentioned the US out of the blue few days back so I think he may know his time is up if Haaland fancies joining

Benzema has way too much quality to be thrown out. Playing the best football of his career basically.

El Gato

Villarato!
Benzema has way too much quality to be thrown out. Playing the best football of his career basically.

Doesn't matter
Ramos played very well season leading up to 20/21 and club wouldn't extend. There are risks to old players and would have to be mental to not go in on Haaland if he's available.

Home of Barca Fans