Munir El Haddadi

Horatio

You're welcome
I thought he did really well tonight as well. His positioning and runs were great. Too bad that volley didn't go in.
Imo he deserves more time at Barca before we sell him off. Seems to be building confidence recently.

SwiftGuyver

yeah he just needs time to build up his confidence and he deserves plenty more chances to grow and develop with us IMO.

people expect young players to impress straight away nowadays as we live in a digital world where everything is instant and people are impatient but luckily Barca (with the right manager in charge - ie. Pep or Lucho NOT Tata) is one of the only top clubs left who actually invest real time in young prospects and give them the platform to really blossom (or not).

i think Munir has shown enough to merit more opportunities with us. his first touch, build up/link up play, general technique etc is all very good and we should all know that he has goals in him as well, he just needs to keep working to break this barren run and build on his confidence and increase the trust his teammates have in him.

Sandro should be loaned out or sold IMO. his first touch & link up play has been very poor and his real strength in the past has been his finishing and this season even that has been bad.

Munir looks like more of a natural Barca player than for example Deulofeu to me. he is much more of a team player which is a vital attribute to succeed at this club but he also has great individual talent (even though he hasn't always shown it with the first team so far).

IMO out of the current crop of our young talents he has the best chance of succeeding at Barca (along with Halilović & Samper).

J

Jamie Cal

He simply needs to do what Halilovic is doing; go out into the world, become a man, or don't and stay away.

EdmondDantes

I thought he played well, he's looking faster of late. First touch is good, took on a few players, just needs to be a bit more clinical.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Munir offers nothing to this team save for relieving fatigued players. Each time he plays he looks isolated. He can't take on players nor does he have speed (which is sad for a 20 y.o.).

Reminds me somewhat of Giuly, French right forward that played for Barca during Frank Rijakaard's tenure. Only Giuly could sprint and score.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I remember how he won a penalty yesterday that helped to break the bus. Oh and in the CL game vs Leverkusen he dribbled some players and assisted the winning goal. But Munir offers nothing at all...

God Serena

Munir offers nothing to this team save for relieving fatigued players. Each time he plays he looks isolated. He can't take on players nor does he have speed (which is sad for a 20 y.o.).

Reminds me somewhat of Giuly, French right forward that played for Barca during Frank Rijakaard's tenure. Only Giuly could sprint and score.

Munir offers linkup to the team and has been a big part of many of the goals we've scored with Messi out of action. Even in our last game, his passing with Suarez is what led to us opening the scoring. That doesn't seem like nothing to me.

Just being 20 years old doesn't mean he should be expected to be some fast, tricky winger, so why is it sad that he's not? Even in the ranks of La Masia he was never that type of player. If that was what Lucho wanted he could have kept Adama, Deulofeu, Joan Roman, Tello, Alexis, or any other number of wing players who have left the club over the past two seasons that he's been in charge. Munir was a striker (A position he has not played for the first team since October of last year) who was able to get in good positions and put the ball in the back of the net. His best moments in front of goal usually involve him being in the middle receiving the ball, and it's clear that's where he's most comfortable. Why Lucho insists on sticking him (And even Sandro) on the right wing when Suarez is the only one of the three to have any experience playing on the wing is beyond me, but knocking Munir for not having the attributes of a winger when he isn't a winger doesn't seem right, and I suspect that has a lot to do with why Lucho isn't particularly worried about Munir and Sandro not living up to expectations, as they seem to really just be out there for match experience.

For what we could normally expect from a 20 year old who doesn't even have a single full season of Barca B play under his belt I'd say he's exceeded expectations during Messi's injury, which could not be said for Sandro.

JamDav1982

Munir offers linkup to the team and has been a big part of many of the goals we've scored with Messi out of action. Even in our last game, his passing with Suarez is what led to us opening the scoring. That doesn't seem like nothing to me.

Just being 20 years old doesn't mean he should be expected to be some fast, tricky winger, so why is it sad that he's not? Even in the ranks of La Masia he was never that type of player. If that was what Lucho wanted he could have kept Adama, Deulofeu, Joan Roman, Tello, Alexis, or any other number of wing players who have left the club over the past two seasons that he's been in charge. Munir was a striker (A position he has not played for the first team since October of last year) who was able to get in good positions and put the ball in the back of the net. His best moments in front of goal usually involve him being in the middle receiving the ball, and it's clear that's where he's most comfortable. Why Lucho insists on sticking him (And even Sandro) on the right wing when Suarez is the only one of the three to have any experience playing on the wing is beyond me, but knocking Munir for not having the attributes of a winger when he isn't a winger doesn't seem right, and I suspect that has a lot to do with why Lucho isn't particularly worried about Munir and Sandro not living up to expectations, as they seem to really just be out there for match experience.

For what we could normally expect from a 20 year old who doesn't even have a single full season of Barca B play under his belt I'd say he's exceeded expectations during Messi's injury, which could not be said for Sandro.

Lucho plays Suarez at CF even with Sandro/Munir in team because he is the best CF in the world is central to how the team play and his connections with Neymar is where vast majority of Barca goals are coming from.

Would be ridiculous to play him on the wing with Munir CF regardless of he has more experience of playong there.

Home of Barca Fans