Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Well there's always going to be some skeptical people. The Portuguese league has a lot of talents but at times though there have been some big money moves to come out of there that never pan out with Danilo to Real Madrid being a recent example.

Semedo though you can tell he's still a bit reserved in some cases as he's not fully gelled with the team yet, but like today he's showed some of his quality that you can tell straight away that separates him from Vidal and Roberto in the RB spot.

Heck even in the videos you can watch at his best with Benfica and the sheer technical quality alone if you compare him to Vidal and Roberto is just on a different level. Can't wait to see more of him and gain even more confidence here and he can start to show even more like he did with Benfica.

Pepe Silvia

Looked pretty tired since the 60th minute.
Yeah he did, even grimaced as if slight injury too. I'll give benefit of doubt to him for learning new system, 1st league game at Barca, extreme expectations (which he soared), etc. He did really well overall.

Pepe Silvia

Looks promising. Technically very good.

I'll wait and see his defensive qualities before a final conclusion tho...
Look at his defensive posture in the video on this page. The way he kept his balance moving backward. His defense was sound bruh. But yeah, he does need to have some more challenges in open field and a world class forward running at him. All signs go from here though.

xXKonan

I think the biggest plus Semedo has if he makes a mistake positional wise is his blistering pace.

Semedo played against some strong CL teams last season and held his own pretty well for all things considered. I mean He may not be Maldini at RB but I expect him to eventually be at least respectable on the defensive end while showing his best work on the offense end.

In preseason what he has shown, he seems to understand attacking-defensive transitions pretty well and when to attack and to defend as well. Roberto did the best he could on the defense side but he didn't have the blistering pace to help hide his mistakes.

Vidal though he has the Pace but he lacks any sort of understanding how Attacking/Defending transitions work and the instincts overall. Even with his pace he gets easily done in by even the average winger. Not his fault since he's a pure winger until he was used by Emery at RB for a good portion of the 2014/15 season and with us. It's simply not easy to transition from a Winger to an RB and Vidal proved that.

Neeraj

Good start, but let's wait and watch a bit more of him against better teams before we get too excited! Seems much better than what we've had, and 10.5 km in 60 minutes, lol wtf? :lol:

I'm guessing he's new and wanted to impress and hence that high kms stat!

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
You know that comfortable feeling you get when a good player is on the ball, and you trust he's going to do something good with it, you just know. I get that with him. I can't say the same for Deulofeu, or rakitic, or alot of other players. There was a time when every player on the pitch made me feel that way. Confident, Sure. "He's got it." No matter the situation. God we have sunk so low. It's only just hitting me now. The doom sayers were right all along. Watch Madrid play, every player has "it." Skill, and confidence.

You know that comfortable feeling you get when a good player is on the ball, and you trust he's going to do something good with it, you just know. I get that with him. I can't say the same for Deulofeu, or rakitic, or alot of other players. There was a time when every player on the pitch made me feel that way. Confident, Sure. "He's got it." No matter the situation. God we have sunk so low. It's only just hitting me now. The doom sayers were right all along. Watch Madrid play, every player has "it." Skill, and confidence.

Agree with you. Though I can see Deulofeu becoming a world class player with proper development.

kollegah

we should call it the "xavi-feeling"

Vilarrubi

Good start, but let's wait and watch a bit more of him against better teams before we get too excited! Seems much better than what we've had, and 10.5 km in 60 minutes, lol wtf? :lol:

I'm guessing he's new and wanted to impress and hence that high kms stat!

He played well when he played against Real Madrid in the friendly and when he came on in the supercup..god knows why he didn't start.

I know what you're saying though. He looks very promising!

Messi983

Very good early impressions but as others have said we'll see how he'll do defensively against better opponents. I believe in him but could already see some people wanting to sell him if he'll have a poor game defensively in the near future. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans