Nelson Semedo

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I am not letting the hype get to me. Douglas Cousta put in a few crosses from Semedo's side, he even nutmegged him with a cross on one occasion.
Anyways, I said he has been good so far.

Look it's unreasonable to think that a defender would be able to thwart an attack 100% of the time 1v1. An average of greater than 50% would be considered a good game, greater than 75% would be those in the pocket matches

xXKonan

Someone screenshotted the original Cope Tweet from Helena Condis Edo a Catalan Cope Journalist, she claimed that a couple of the big names in the Locker Room, claimed Semedo was worse than Douglas. Tweet was apparently deleted or not even real but the thought of that like holy shit did these guys even watch Douglas? even a shy semedo during preseason looked better than Douglas ever been for us or in general. :lol:

Some Catalan journalists had the knives out for him before he even gets a chance. I'm convinced they were shilling hard for a Certain target and were mad we decided to drop him for Semedo. It's good to see Semedo proving some of those guys wrong.

El Flaco

Someone screenshotted the original Cope Tweet from Helena Condis Edo a Catalan Cope Journalist, she claimed that a couple of the big names in the Locker Room, claimed Semedo was worse than Douglas. Tweet was apparently deleted or not even real but the thought of that like holy shit did these guys even watch Douglas? even a shy semedo during preseason looked better than Douglas ever been for us or in general. :lol:

Some Catalan journalists had the knives out for him before he even gets a chance. I'm convinced they were shilling hard for a Certain target and were mad we decided to drop him for Semedo. It's good to see Semedo proving some of those guys wrong.

Just in case if anyone doesn't really remember that tweet from Helena Condis...

After all, transfer stuff during SS tends to be forgotten as the time passes.

DHwqnnHXYAAs2Uu.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't want to poop the party as I like Semedo too but Alex Song and few others looked good in first month or so.

dostoevskij

Don't want to poop the party as I like Semedo too but Alex Song and few others looked good in first month or so.

well song looked good just for a few minutes in his debut in the supercopa clasico return leg. i remember saying: wow what a player we got!

but to be fair, Tito then played him as a CB...

PhilS

I am not letting the hype get to me. Douglas Cousta put in a few crosses from Semedo's side, he even nutmegged him with a cross on one occasion.
Anyways, I said he has been good so far.

B is quite good in his first month.

Douglas Costa is the quality of attacker who just killed this team last year. Doing well against him is what Semedo did, no one completely removes Douglas Costa from the game, certainly not playing as far up as Barca fullbacks play. I particularly liked it when Semedo caught up to Costa a few times, he passed a major defensive speed test.

xXKonan

Roberto is a hard worker but he has a lot of Limitations especially in the RB spot.

man we really need a good backup RB next summer to rest Semedo when he needs it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Roberto is a hard worker but he has a lot of Limitations especially in the RB spot.

man we really need a good backup RB next summer to rest Semedo when he needs it.

Yah, I think we over-stepped to say that we went from empty to deep in the RB position. Semedo is a great starter, but both of our subs simply wouldn't cut it if we had to rely on them for any extended period of time.

Our record with Semedo is 4 wins. Our record without him is 1 win and 2 losses, and today very well could've ended in a loss or draw and Roberto didn't do well at all to help that. Seems like he really does have the Umtiti blessing, we can't do well without him :lol:

JamDav1982

Yah, I think we over-stepped to say that we went from empty to deep in the RB position. Semedo is a great starter, but both of our subs simply wouldn't cut it if we had to rely on them for any extended period of time.

Our record with Semedo is 4 wins. Our record without him is 1 win and 2 losses, and today very well could've ended in a loss or draw and Roberto didn't do well at all to help that. Seems like he really does have the Umtiti blessing, we can't do well without him :lol:

Those two losses were against Real though so no really much to go on.

Home of Barca Fans